Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Area Pit Members…..Mini MeatUp Coming Soon! Can You Make It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Area Pit Members…..Mini MeatUp Coming Soon! Can You Make It?

For all our Houston area Pit Members, we’re gonna be having a mini MeatUp for lunch soon at Tejas Chocolate Craftory in Tomball. (AKA Tejas Chocolate + BBQ) The date will be either Saturday July 17 or Saturday July 24. Which date will depend on which is best for most members who want to attend. We can firm up which day as we get closer. Troutman 58limited and myself will be attending and would like to meet our nearby friends here in The Pit.

As some of you know, Tejas Chocolate Craftory was ranked #6 in the Texas Monthly Top 50 BBQ places. They are definitely a top notch choice for cue and their sides are also supposed to be killer as well. I haven’t eaten there yet, but can’t wait to try it. They open at 11:00 for BBQ.

If you’d like to meet us there, let us know if you have a preference for which day, or let us know if you can do either date. Troutman has promised to give Tango lessons to anyone interested after lunch.

EDIT: We’ll be meeting this Saturday July 17th. Meeting at 10-10:15 am.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 14, 2021, 05:06 PM.

I think the only thing that beats the Troutman Tango is The Troutman Two-Step! Still working on my Hambone Shuffle, but dang that's stiff competition.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      He’s a lot more spry for his age than I thought he’d be! Remember in Rockdale when he spun me around and made me dip? I thought I was gonna bust my ass!
      Last edited by Panhead John; June 28, 2021, 06:02 PM.

Had to be those Arthur Murray dance lessons thrown in with a little Chubby Checker twisting. That and a swig or two of Gerotol and I’m good to go !!!

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Gawdammit, that's funny!!! I remember those old Arthur Murray books with all of the dance steps. But please don't say there's a Troutman Twist as well!!!

Uncle Bob Speaking of old men, you need to make a trip to Htown ?!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Uncle Bob probably can’t make it. He’s still recuperating from Rockdale. Plus, he had to get new brakes for his walker.
      Last edited by Panhead John; June 28, 2021, 08:14 PM.

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman, gotta see if it fits the schedule, post up later. But then again I see that PJ and Loren might be gearing up to take advantage of the aged. They drink your bourbon (although PJ griped about not having it served in his sippy cup) and then stab ya in the back............punk kids.

I would love to make it but you fellers are way outta my age range! Haha

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Lonnie Mac, listen man, you need to leave your little Bacliff cocoon 🥸 and meet us. I’ve got some tales from my riding days that’ll keep you in stitches. Not to mention the great Q we’ll share.

Sounds more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; June 28, 2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Or a colander of aardvarks.

I'm baffled by the name, what does chocolate have to do with barbecue?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      That confused me also too.
      Chocolate BBQ sauce?
      Chocolate Rub?
      Smoked Chocolate?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      They started out making chocolate products and expanded into BBQ. Sounds crazy, but read Texas Larry ‘s link below.

Only that they do both very well. https://www.tejaschocolate.com

Comment

Damn. I wish I wasn’t 1,200
    miles away. 😩

Comment

I live in the wrong state. Just watched a show on unique barbecue which had a piece on Tejas.

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Which show? Please post the link if possible?
        Thanks
        Happy Grilling to you and PBR too

Don't think I haven't noticed y'all aren't planning a central MI Meat-Up. What gives? Scared of a little mileage?

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha, love it, brother!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        The main reason we’re not planning a MeatUp in central Michigan is we’ve already eaten at Dickeys. 🥸

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John Yuck, I haven't even eaten at Dickeys

That place is on my list of places to try, but I don’t think I’m up for standing outside in Houston for more the about 5min this time of year.

Comment

This Saturday, July 17th we’ll be going to Tejas Choclate + BBQ. if any Houston area members would like to join us. Troutman 58limited and myself will be there for lunch. They open at 11:00 and we’ll be there between 10 and 10:30 Saturday morning. Let us know if you can make it. None of us have eaten there yet but can’t wait to try it.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          I won't be makin' it, although I'd enjoy lunch with David and
          Steve (). I would appreciate it if you'd make the drive up here afterward with a "care package" so I could at least enjoy the grunts. TIA

Panhead John I won’t be making this one, but I am more likely to make future ones since our daughter is moving to the Houston area.

Comment

I check for flights and get back to you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here