Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Californian in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I live in Mt Shasta, aka The Great State of Jefferson, but it would have been just as much time, cost and effort for me to travel to San Diego as it was to travel to Texas. And while I enjoy SD, I like TX a tad more.

• wcpreston
    replied
    It was indeed a lot of fun meeting you all. It was weird, but like you said... it was like we knew each other already.

Funniest thing is I had to fly to TX to meet CaptainMike, who lives in San Diego!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahaha!!!!

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    If we can get PJ to pay for it I'm in........................oh, wait, all he likes is Sterno.................................

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I'd happily be your co-pilot or navigator any time!!

• 58limited
    replied
    Come on! We'd love to have ya as a permanent resident. Since my BIL moved away it would be nice to have someone else as my travelin' buddy/ map reader.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    It was disappointing that you were unable to make it Larry, I hope all is well with you.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    You keep pouring the good stuff, Bob, and I'll keep drinking it!!!

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Lee appreciates the call out CaptainMike .

As for the locust thing, there is an entrance exam, if your drink enough bourbon you might pass.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Thanks for this Mike. Since I had to drop out I have enjoyed every report, comment, photo and jibe. Seriously looking forward to next time.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Descending like a swarm of locusts. To be sure, if we were to relocate to Texas we would assimilate into good Texans, not transplanted Californians. We probably already are, we just don't have the right license plates. An interesting thing I read recently is that the entire population of our planet could fit within the boundaries of Texas. Looks like they might be trying to do just that!
    Last edited by CaptainMike; June 10, 2021, 07:45 AM.

• Clark
    replied
    As a Texan living in Oklahoma I can appreciate everything you said about southern hospitality and the wonderful people there. I don't really miss the crowded cities and the weather, but I certainly do miss friendlyTexans and their great spirit and attitudes.

If you are seriously thinking about relocating, do it quickly as tens of thousands of others are also on their way from other states.

Hope to meet you in October at the next Meat-In.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    I know what you mean CaptainMike, in the 80's we tried to move to Kaufman, Texas to join my wife's sister and her family. Couldn't get sponsership for green cards.
    To late in life to make the change now but always like to visit , and yes gcdmd San Antonio is a gem....

• Donw
    replied
    Well said Mike. Glad you all enjoyed it so much.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    CaptainMike You might have already thought of this but, bring your lovely wife with you to Texas for a week or so to visit. Maybe….October?🧐 Don’t know if she needs any convincing to leave or not, but it wouldn’t hurt. You just MIGHT run into some people you know, hmmm….maybe in the outskirts of Austin/Hill Country area?
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 9, 2021, 01:05 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here