Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat - Up In Texas Updates and Latest Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat - Up In Texas Updates and Latest Info.

Only 2 more days folks! Can’t wait to meet everyone. One day for me, I’ll be meeting CaptainMike there tomorrow. I’ve had a few inquiries this week from attendees so I thought I’d give everyone another update just in case.

FRIDAY 5:00 pm - 7:00 Happy Hour for cocktails under the trees.
    7:30ish Ribeye Steaks and Baked Potatoes for dinner

SATURDAY MORNING - Snow’s BBQ for some, Brett’s Backyard BBQ or maybe Louie Muellers for some.
    SATURDAY NIGHT - can be discussed ahead of time with the group. Captain Mike has suggested a Bible Study and perhaps some Foxtrot dance lessons be given. 🤷‍♂️ I’m open to suggestions myself.

All the steaks, courtesy of Troutman and Loren are taken care of. I’ll be taking care of the baked potatoes and trimmings…..REAL bacon, green onions, sour cream, grated cheese and butter. We’re good on plates, tables and silverware. You might want to bring your own steak knives if possible, I’ll be bringing some spares if not. We have a few people who will be bringing extra lawn chairs if needed.

THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING: 1. Bug spray. 2. Steak knives. 3. Lawn Chairs. 4. Pillows, if you want to sleep on your own pillow. They’re furnished in the rooms of course, but I’d rather sleep on my own.
    5. Ice chests and ice, booze, soft drinks etc. 6. Coffee creamer, sugar, etc. There’s coffee makers in the rooms, not sure what else is furnished that you’d need for your coffee. 7. Phone and tablet chargers. There is free WiFi in each room. 8. Umbrella (hopefully not needed) There’s not an ice machine on property, but there is a nearby grocery store and a Walmart in town. Remember not all rooms have a kitchen and fridge. You can call and ask if your room has a fridge.

If you want to check in earlier than usual, 3:00?, you can call them Friday morning and see if that’s possible. If your room wasn’t rented out the night before, you can check in anytime after 9am. If it was, they’ll try to get your room cleaned earlier than usual….if possible. The number to the Rainbow is 512-446-2361. Dial 0 after recorded message starts to be put through quicker.

IF we do get rained on, don’t worry, we have a contingency plan. I’m baking the potatoes inside a couple of rooms anyway. I’ve arranged with a few members who’ll be bringing some large CI skillets and we have 3 flattop stoves in our group’s rooms and we’ll pan fry, or blacken?, the ribeyes inside. My room is the largest one there and we can easily fit half the group in my room for dinner. Loren has volunteered his room also. If we need a third room I’m sure someone will volunteer if needed. We ain’t letting a little (possible) rain stop us.

Let me know if you have any other questions or ideas. Thanks
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 2, 2021, 07:10 PM.

I just thought about something. I'll go ahead and bring my Anova sous vide circulator and a large container that can cook about 6 to 8 steaks. We can either do two batches or if someone else can bring a setup we can get them all done at once. Beauty of doing them SV is convenience, less mess and perfect edge to edge finish. They can be pan seared if necessary.

Again, I'll have it on hand. Hopefully we won't need it but that's a Plan B if so.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Loren’s bringing his 26” Kettle and charcoal also. I’m bringing my 22” and my charcoal chimney, SnS, and other stuff. Troutman, 58limited can yall bring a charcoal chimney also? Plus we have 2 Weber charcoal grills on site we can use.

• Loren
      Loren commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll being my chimney and Sns too. And Charcoal pickers too!

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Loren I was gonna ask you if you could bring that also. 👍

Oh and by the way, wouldn't hurt if we got a final roll call ?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll get one out within an hour.

That's a great list, I think if I'm careful I can fit it all in my carry on.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike Let me know if there’s anything I can bring for you, since you’re flying. Don’t worry about a chair. I’m bringing 4 and some others are bringing extras too.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John, I travel pretty light. Anything more than clean skivvies and socks, and a toothbrush is a luxury.

I'm bringing my PK grill too and some lump charcoal. I can bring my anova and a 5 gal. Stock pot too - I don't have a bigger container. I am also bringing a brisket from 1701 BBQ here in Beaumont.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow fresh briskie 👍

This sounds like a great time. I hope everyone has a ball.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish you could make the trip.

ATTENDANCE ROSTER
    1. Troutman
    2. Loren
    3. Lock Stock and Barrel +1? (not sure yet)
    4. TxF + 1
    5. LA Pork Butt + 1
    6. Uncle Bob + 1
    7. CaptainMike
    8. fracmeister (Saturday only)
    9. Texas Larry + 1
    10. wcpreston + 1
    11. 58limited
    12. Panhead John.

We should have either 16 or 17 total people for Friday night, depending on Lock Stock and Barrel. He hasn’t mentioned yet if he’ll be bringing anyone. 17 or 18 people for Saturday. Loren told me today his wife won’t be able to make it.
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 2, 2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Lock Stock and Barrel
      Lock Stock and Barrel commented
      Editing a comment
      Mama says I have to come by myself. If mama ain't happy....... Saturday only.
      Last edited by Lock Stock and Barrel; June 3, 2021, 06:07 PM. Reason: Addtional

I’m bringing plastic plates and utensils, the wife wants them out of the house. I’m happy to bring anything else if someone will tell me what that might be.

We will be having lunch Friday at Louie Muellers, should be there when they open 11:00.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks TxF I can’t think of anything else right now. Are y’all staying Friday and Saturday night at the Rainbow?

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      Staying both nights. We will probably run over to College Station at some point to see Jr. We will make a early exit Sunday need to get home for a funeral.

We are staying only Friday night. Leaving Saturday evening. I’m thinking Louie Muellers on Friday afternoon to bring to the gathering. May opt for Brett’s Backyard for Saturday.

I’ll be bringing four folding chairs, maybe a small folding table. May throw my Jumbo
    Joe in just because Jumbo Joe. And a little beer.

I’m assuming we will want to kick in some cash for those bringing steaks, etc. Anything else needed?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your kind offer Larry, but no cash is needed. Y’all’s presence there is enough. I can’t think of anything else you could bring, but when I get there tomorrow I can let everyone know, after I scout the place out.

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      If you believe afternoon is about 11:00 I’ll be happy to pitch in on the sampler with you. I’ve been to a few places that are supposedly better than Louie Mulllers, and so far that’s my reference point.

Does anyone have a sunshade/rain tent? I have 3 but I don't think they'd fit in the overhead bin.

Comment

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      According to the weather forecast I’m going to suggest you bring your best rain suit. I may bring my dry suit to wait in line @ Snow’s

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve added umbrellas to the list above. But we ain’t gonna need em! 🙏

• Texas Larry
      Texas Larry commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a 10x10 canopy I’ll bring along. Think it still works.

Steak and spuds is great, but gotta have some salad too so Dr. Mrs. Uncle Bob has volunteered to mix up a batch of green leafies for Friday night. If you don't like a champagne vinagrette dressing you're on your own (that or figure out how to bribe her).

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dr. Mrs. Uncle Bob. Whew, got tired typing that. Hope we can call her by her first name Friday. 🤓

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Only if you grovel.................

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Grovel? I’m used to that. How do ya think I got in this place?

Uncle Bone is on his way, see y'all soon!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a good trip! I’ll see ya this afternoon. Maybe we can practice our dance moves tonight, get a head start on Troutman and Uncle Bob. I’m not losing the dance off to them two years in a row!

CaptainMike got me to thinking when he asked if anyone has a sunshade. Texas Larry said he can bring a 10’ X 10’ canopy. If anyone else has one they could bring that’d be great. If we needed to, we could set up the grills under the canopy’s. We could then grill the steaks right outside my door. My room is one of the free standing buildings, away from other rooms. Let me know if anyone has one more canopy they could bring. We could get 3 grills under Larry’s canopy, but if we had 2 that would be better. Thanks
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 3, 2021, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Well, heading to Rockdale. Hope I didn’t forget anything. 🥸
      Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to comment on the obvious lack of No. 9 wire. That's a real boner !!!

• Clark
        Clark commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John All of that in the Pinto?

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell, I didn’t get any pictures of everything strapped to the roof. I looked like Jed Clampett pulling into Rockdale.

You guyz n galz have a great time.
      I'm peed off i couldn't get down for this event.
      ....I thought about driving out to Alberta and climbing thru prairie dog holes till I got to the US side but they don't drive so I couldn't borrow a car.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here