Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up In Texas For Snow’s BBQ - Come One, Come All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be there Friday evening at the Rainbow Courts for steak nite. Let me know what I can contribute.

Comment

Mikey Chen, a foodie with 3.7 million followers, just posted a video on his youtube channel. He recently went to Snow's - arrived at about 4:45am, number 28 in line.

Last edited by 58limited; May 8, 2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Great video! Love the guy’s enthusiasm. A must watch for anyone wanting to try Snow’s. Damn, the food looked incredible. Wait till you see the brisket....he cuts it easily with a plastic fork.

So I am bummed that I can't make it, but here is my consolation prize. On the spur of the moment we decided to come to one of our favorite places in the world, Marathon Key. We aren't right on the water, but I can almost see it...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210517_083645.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1032673

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Jim White we missed you this time, but next time I’ll make sure I reach out to you.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like I'll be in Savannah this week. You?

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        HawkerXP we are back in TN

Dammit! We will be in Maine that week. The commute would be a killer. I’ll get there at some point. My son and I are going early some Saturday when the grandson’s baseball season is over, probably July. Y’all have fun. I’ll have to console myself with lobstah.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        While you’re there, ask em if they want my clam chowder recipe.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, we can easily do this again in the fall/early winter. The line at Snow's will hopefully be shorter then. Or, we can meat up somewhere else and try the 'que in another region.
        Last edited by 58limited; May 20, 2021, 05:41 PM.

Panhead John - please do those of us who can't attend a favor and start a new topic when you report on the meat-up.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure will RonB ! In fact what I was thinking was to start a whole new post and title, then report with pictures, commentary and a few videos as we go along. So everyone can get reports as they happen. No need to wait until we’re back home. Hopefully glitchy will bring his goat.

In case you were wondering, this is PJ's goat..................
      Click image for larger version

Name:	pjs goat.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1034057

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Rule #1 when dealing with inflatables, always have a patch kit handy.

To give ya'll a heads up, I have a project shifting around at work that's urgent to the business and may end up going live the weekend of the meat-up. There's a decent chance I might not make it to Texas. I'm not going to fly to Texas to spend a good chunk of an already short trip sitting in a hotel room working.

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike Wish I could, but at least 10 years away, probably more like 15-20.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I figured glitchy would bail. After thinking about it, he probably knew me and Cap’n were gonna kick his ass in the Friday Night Dance Off. I’ve been working out the last few weeks to get in shape for it. Every hour I’ll switch positions on the couch.
        Last edited by Panhead John; May 23, 2021, 12:36 PM.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Uncle Bob I’ll have you know that I do not have to be verbally abused to whine like a little girl! Apparently you didn’t see my drain clearing video.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here