Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up In Texas For Snow’s BBQ - Come One, Come All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

58limited count my son and me in at Snow’s. I have my reservation at the Rainbow Courts.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Done! Welcome along!

You guys & gals realize it is IMPERATIVE that y'all get a group Pitmaster Club Member Meat-Up picture, right? Any who don't comply, well not sure but likely will be banned!

Comment

• Loren
      Loren commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time someone tried to take a picture of me the camera broke...😞

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't be silly. They need to LIVESTREAM it.

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike - Those were some fun times. Hope to get back to them soon! HawkerXP

Love this idea. Would be there in a trice if I wasn’t on call. Keep us apprised!

Sweaty Paul

Comment

Aside from leftover BBQ breakfast tacos Sunday morning, I can make this too:

Biscuits and Debris: Hatch chili biscuits with Hatch chili gravy and pulled pork on top. Great with chopped brisket too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scotts_biscuits3.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1025652

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I better start doubling up on my statins begining like now!

Before Meat-Up In TexasClick image for larger version  Name:	646E8704-CF11-4255-B18D-D603D81686DD.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	1,013.0 KB ID:	1025717

After Meat-Up In Texas
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 1, 2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure that's how it's going to feel!!!

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, what happened to the wheelbarrow full of belly? Did you decide you shouldn’t have posted that pic of yourself on the forum?

Jus came back from a hot rod / street rod show, an eatin out with Jesse...hangin out an discussin th TX Meat-Up....

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember how I called out CaptainMike earlier and said he ain’t got a hair on his ass if he didn’t show up to the Meat-Up in Texas? Well, I’d never say that to you...... Sir.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea quit drinkin’ corn mash and watchin’ vidyas and get your boney body down here Mr. Bones...sir

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        In my life, don't git no better than Quality Time with my son....He an me, an Mr Smokey, an th apple pie moonshine corn squeezins have had a most relaxin, an enjoyable evenin...
        I knows full well that it is only temporary, an fleetin, but, fer jus a spell there, Life Is Good...

HMMM, this sounds interesting, I’m going to College Station the middle of May for the drag boat races so I’ll get in a stop @ Louie Miller’s and maybe 1775 in College Station. I’ll have to ask the wife what she thinks in the morning.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t know if ya heard or not....but Friday evening’s gonna be fun. While CaptainMike is reading us Bible Scriptures, we’re all gonna be sitting around the fire.... sippin hot tea and knitting some shawls. I’ll bring extra needles if ya don’t have any. I might also do some basket weaving for everyone.
        Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2021, 05:53 AM.

CaptainMike or anyone else flying in, is anyone doing Friday afternoon til Monday afternoon? Looking to maybe share a rental car as that seems to be pricing out as much as a flight these days.

I’m not a definite yet, C.F.O. actually approved the trip, before knowing the cost, but then took half a step back when I started trying to price it out. I already got the MAK tossed in my face this weekend in front of her family, so not going ask for that final signature until I find a couple ways to trim a bit (at least expenses I can’t hide at least).

Comment

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are coming in Friday you are welcome to catch a ride with me and Kim out to Rockdale if you are unable to find a ride share (or save some cash monies). Return will be on Saturday for us though (maybe Sunday but I won't know until Wednesday 5/4). I'll keep you posted.

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Loren what time are you getting into Austin? I don't want to hold you up. I might be able to ride with you to Rockdale and Cap back to Austin...AND I'd be very happy to chip in serious gas money and cover part of rental fee if I went that route for both parties.
        Last edited by glitchy; May 3, 2021, 05:52 PM.

• Loren
        Loren commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I live just outside of Austin, so picking up one (or more if the timing works out) is not a problem.

As for departure, the Rainbow Court is 42 minutes from my home...so whenever is convenient and before 4pm?

I will be there, gone through many, many times at 11:30 to 1:00 Saturdays and called.....always out of BBQ so I never have tasted this treat, usually just go through Luling, Tx or Giddings and stop to get my BBQ fix. Can not wait to try try this.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Lock Stock and Barrel Good to have ya along and glad you can make it. Will you be with us at The Rainbow Courts for steaks Friday evening and will you be bringing anyone with you? Thanks

Things are really rolling along and I can’t wait to meet all the beautiful people.....and CaptainMike too. If you’re able to make it and haven’t notified us yet, please help us out a little. If you can tag 58limited with your post and let him know 2 things please. 1. How many in your party and .... 2. If you’ll be meeting us for the Happy Hour and Steak Dinner Friday night. That will be Friday June 4. Happy Hour starts at 5 and dinner around 7-7:30 Thanks!
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2021, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Clark
        Clark commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John Isn't that a "Happy TWO Hour"? Or TWO Happy Hours?

WOW! What a great idea! I don't think I can make it but I'll try.

Comment

Wow! That would absolutely make everyone’s day if you could. But, if not we understand. But....just in case Meathead Would you sign my cookbook?
        Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha...smh, this friggin’ guy!

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          F*** around, an F*** around, purty soon; ya won't Be Around Panhead John lol

Oops, sorry. Wrong one. Here we go.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Sounds awesome!

Comment

Attention, attention, I just got off of the phone with Joan at the Rainbow Court and she says they have 3 small queen rooms, 2 queen suites, and 2 premium rooms left. That is all, carry on.

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              They're probably down to 2 queen rooms after 5 mins ago ;-)

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Too bad we didn't have the foresight to negotiate a group rate! Still, I though the rates were very reasonable.

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, when I called about staying an extra day, I asked very nicely, if I could get a discount for staying an extra day. My room rate is $160. per night. She said she could do $139. per night. I asked again, very nicely, would $130. be ok, I’m on a budget? She said Yes!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here