Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Up In Texas For Snow’s BBQ - Come One, Come All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    While you’re there, ask em if they want my clam chowder recipe.

• Soonerpop
    replied
    Dammit! We will be in Maine that week. The commute would be a killer. I’ll get there at some point. My son and I are going early some Saturday when the grandson’s baseball season is over, probably July. Y’all have fun. I’ll have to console myself with lobstah.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    I hadn’t thought of Marathon Key in years. A relative use to own some roadside travel cabins and a small marina just north of the USCG station. We always stayed several months each summer in the 50’s and early 60’s. Haven’t been back since, but looked it up using Google Earth when you mentioned it. Boy has it changed! The Hyatt Place now stands where the cabins were.

• klflowers
    replied
    So I am bummed that I can't make it, but here is my consolation prize. On the spur of the moment we decided to come to one of our favorite places in the world, Marathon Key. We aren't right on the water, but I can almost see it...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210517_083645.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1032673

Leave a comment:

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    Panhead John Isn't that a "Happy TWO Hour"? Or TWO Happy Hours?

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Great video! Love the guy’s enthusiasm. A must watch for anyone wanting to try Snow’s. Damn, the food looked incredible. Wait till you see the brisket....he cuts it easily with a plastic fork.

• 58limited
    replied
    Mikey Chen, a foodie with 3.7 million followers, just posted a video on his youtube channel. He recently went to Snow's - arrived at about 4:45am, number 28 in line.

Last edited by 58limited; May 8, 2021, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod Broussard You’d be getting off work just in time to join us in line at Snow’s. I’ll buy you a beer if you do.

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    58limited the rebuilding is going, but it all takes a lot of time and energy. I'm tired! But grateful!!!

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    Fella's!!!! I will try! And I love bringing samples!

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, when I called about staying an extra day, I asked very nicely, if I could get a discount for staying an extra day. My room rate is $160. per night. She said she could do $139. per night. I asked again, very nicely, would $130. be ok, I’m on a budget? She said Yes!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Too bad we didn't have the foresight to negotiate a group rate! Still, I though the rates were very reasonable.

• MBMorgan
    replied
    I’ll be there Friday evening at the Rainbow Courts for steak nite. Let me know what I can contribute.

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I live just outside of Austin, so picking up one (or more if the timing works out) is not a problem.

As for departure, the Rainbow Court is 42 minutes from my home...so whenever is convenient and before 4pm?

• glitchy
    commented on 's reply
    They're probably down to 2 queen rooms after 5 mins ago ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here