Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REDRAW: July 2019 "Great Giveaway" Sweepstakes Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good choice. Congrats!

Comment

Whew! Safe! Nice slide into Home my man Jim Doyle! Enjoy that prize.

Comment

Congratulations Jim Doyle - great choice!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Excellent choice, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on win and choice. Don't be offended if I call you a cheapskate when it comes to cooker acquisitions. ☺

Comment

Congrats! Good choice!

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doyle View Post
                  Hello All!

I hope this gets me in on time for the win! I can't believe it! This is amazing!

After extensive prize review I am going with the Slow N Sear Deluxe Kamado.

My home charcoal grill history is now a true rags to riches story. My wife had an 18" weber when we got married that we still have, I rescued an old 18" Weber Smokey Mountain that had been tossed around in a couple tornados, and my lovely wife bought me the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center for our 10 year anniversary when it first came out. So technically I personally have never bought a charcoal grill. Now I win the S N' S kamado to fill out the fleet! I did get the S N' S and drippin' griddle for the Summit and love it, so a Kamado built around it looks to be sure winner. I just need to do more BBQ for larger crowds!

Jim Doyle
                  Congrats! You picked a good one!

Comment

• Jim Doyle
                    Jim Doyle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Dave!

I love set up flexibility and have a few questions on additional cooking set ups I could try in it. I do pizza in my WSCGC with the SNS sitting on the top grate and pizza stone next to it on the extender rack just under the lid for awesome browning. Can I do something like this in the Kamado or would that endanger the lid? Any chance you will make a rotisserie for the Kamado? Is it O.K. in cold winter cooking -10F or so?

Jim Doyle

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can you repost as a reply instead of comment? This could get wordy

• Jim Doyle
                    Jim Doyle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Dave,

re-posted below.

Congrats Jim. Great choice.

Comment

Outstanding. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks Dave!

I love set up flexibility and have a few questions on additional cooking set ups I could try in it. I do pizza in my WSCGC with the SNS sitting on the top grate and pizza stone next to it on the extender rack just under the lid for awesome browning. Can I do something like this in the Kamado or would that endanger the lid? Any chance you will make a rotisserie for the Kamado? Is it O.K. in cold winter cooking -10F or so?

Jim Doyle
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Jim Doyle
                        I don't think you'll need to set the SnS on the cooking grate like that. This guy has some really good techniques for pizza, and owns an SnSK.

As far as rotisserie, I've been testing something new this week, and it's working great! Here are pics of the new system in rotisserie mode:

Ring installed with Kick Ash Basket and Basket Divider
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1c76.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	716279

Added the Drip Pan

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1c74.jpeg
Views:	259
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	716281

Chicken is spinning:

Name:	iqba3gNlQ5mWiu3INZU1Qw.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	716280

Done!

Name:	GCLC%ujtT2mka0i9w5fV1Q.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	716278

Look. At. That. Juice.

Name:	AFJ4LYF5QES3jD4obQTX7w.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	716277

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Jim Doyle
                          I missed the question about the lid. Heat isn't a concern. Your new Kamado is made of 50% cordierite ceramic and will handle temps that'll make most everything else melt.

Anyway, here's the new ring system in Skewers mode:

Name:	tj1eE7PIQqm5PiZO98mmzg.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	716287

Name:	6uwsBT4UTZWt3AyFnaR10g.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	716290

Silly me forgot to close the bottom vent and I let the coals get a little too much air, so I rotated the skewers to even out the cook.

Name:	iiVaurscQnCzTrRP8oV1fQ.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	716289

Name:	pGdxNipRRAizuPaNfjyN8g.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	716288

These were both first cooks, so a few lessons learned but overall I'm happy with the results. I expect we'll be selling this system soon!

Comment

• Troutman
                            Troutman commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dang Dave that’s a great setup. Now I’m getting interested. Is there a jumbo unit in the future?

• Jim Doyle
                            Jim Doyle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Any thought to gearing up to rotate all the kabobs with the drive? Sorta like the rib-o-later but a kabob-o-lator?

• David Parrish
                            David Parrish commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Jim Doyle this is the final design. Skewers don't usually need to rotate like a big piece of meat anyways.

Congrats on the win and great choice!
                          (mumble, mumble, can't win anything in Canada, grr, mumble, mumble)

Comment

• RickyBobby
                            RickyBobby commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I would be MORE than willing to let you use MY address and then hold on to your prize until you were able to make the trip to Houston to pick it up........ and because you are a fellow Pit Member, I would ops check the cooker for you to ensure you don’t get a lemon! 👍😎

• pkadare
                            pkadare commented
                            Editing a comment
                            RickyBobby I can tell that you're truly a giver. Honoured to belong to a group that includes you. You're always willing to go the extra mile and make the ultimate sacrifice. This world needs more RickyBobbys!

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            True Dat, dis World definitely Does need more RickyBobby s!!!!

Congrats man! Great choice for sure, enjoy it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here