Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RENAMED: Gold Medal Giveway is now the "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RENAMED: Gold Medal Giveway is now the "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes!

We have renamed our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway to the "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes.

Nothing but the name has changed. To see the basic rules and some FAQs, click here.

Why the change?

With the recent addition of Platinum Medals to our growing list of medal-winning gear, not all of the prizes are Gold Medal winners, some have been upgraded to Platinum. This renders the name Gold Medal Giveaway limiting and outdated. We tossed around some ideas, and ultimately Meathead chose "Great Giveaway". (He did not care for my idea of "Supercalafragalisticexpealadocious Giveway"). You may also have noticed that the "Gold Medal Spotlight" sidebar has been renamed to a more concise "Spotlight" for the same reasons, it now contains products we love which are both Gold and Platinum winners.

As we always say- MAKE SURE the email address you gave us when you registered is one that you check regularly, AND make sure we are whitelisted or added as a contact in your email's settings. A couple times every year we have members who do not answer my "You've Won!" email and miss the legal deadline and we have to re-draw. Don't let that happen to you! If you need to change your email, there's a link on your My Membership page to do that.

Sounds great.

Comment

With me having a birthday smack dab in the middle of the month, I could stand having my choice delivered by then! Ya' just never know. Stranger things have been known to happen! LOL!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's right. Last summer Mr. Bones won, and one other time a contingent winner (whom we didn't award because the first winner finally responded in the nick of time) was another well-known active member. It does happen. All completely random.

Random, yeah sure! Rigged I say, rigged. Aye maties, rigged.

Comment

How many moderators have won? Rigged!!!

Comment

Shouldn’t that be "Grate Giveaway"? [rimshot!]

Comment

Whew, ya had me worried we were getting all politically correct for a minute! I’m ok removing the glass ceiling of gold medal though!

Comment

Well I never won "Gold". Maybe now I can go Platinum! I like the new name. Good luck to everyone in the future!!

Comment

Well, it won't really be great until I win.

Comment

Name it want you want, just name me the winner please!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post

(He did not care for my idea of "Supercalafragalisticexpealadocious Giveway").
                    No sense getting yourself sued by Disney
                    Last edited by Murdy; May 7, 2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I'll still take it, please.

Comment

I like the new name.

Comment

Ok forget the new name...where’s the prize????

Comment

Oh man! So what you are saying is that I am NEVER going to win the Gold Medal Giveaway...

Comment

• synodog
                              synodog commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You and me both...

• Murdy
                              Murdy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              On the other hand, I have NEVER LOST the Great Giveaway!!

• jfmorris
                              jfmorris commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Murdy actually you have lost it - this month!

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here