Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REDRAW, 3rd Try: February 2019 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polarbear777
    replied
    It ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Besides this is entertaining everyone. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Do y'all see the graphic in the main post above, with all the prize choices? If yes/no, are you on mobile or desktop? I see it on desktop but on mobile I get the broken icon. Please just comment on this post here, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Positivity, I like it!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Steve R. You may be right, you may be wrong, who knows....but it's one of those 'ain't broke don't fix it' things. Folks signed up knowing they'd get automatic entry if they're current at the end of the month (1159pm CT). I know, the active members want a better shot at winning, I get it but we have to play fair to all. And Bumby Steve R is correct, the contest end date is the previous month's last day, that determines their eligibility, not expiring after they win, they're still the winner.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Bumby, I believe that makes it a "pay to play" deal, which wouldn't be legal. And Huskee I don't see any way that members are staying on board just because of that small perk of automatic entry. This site is way more worthwhile than that.

I'm not a software geek, and this could be more complicated than I realize, but just add a button that members can use to enter.

• Bumby
    commented on 's reply
    The way to do it is to change the sweepstakes so that the winner must be a member from the moment they win until the moment they claim the prize (assuming it does not change the sweepstakes rules in a way that would require any sort of consent...)

• jgg85234
    commented on 's reply
    Last week, I had a 5 draw Powerball ticket that had 3 prize winners. Yep, $4, $4, $7. Three winners, 15 bucks. Never count your chickens too soon.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    No, manual entries would make an awful lot more work for everyone, and part of the perk for USA members in good standing is the automatic entry- we eliminate that we could see some members leave, not the best business plan.

• FlashHokie
    replied
    Maybe the winner is taking his time researching his choice. It would be a tough choice for me between the Pellet smoker, Hasty Bake and the PK360.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Huskee, do you think it's time to reconsider the automatic entries for members? Ending that would pretty much solve this problem. Or maybe the fear is that there would be too few entries that way?

Leave a comment:

• synodog
    replied
    At least Crash has logged in within a week or so, the odds are definitely in his favor...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    LOL! I totally thought it was a joke, when ya tagged me.

I had jus set down fer my lunch, at work, saw the notification, an was like" Yeah, RIGHT!?!?", so I simply typed back "April Fools?" an et my lunch...

Hopefully, nobody at th funeral got too bent awful outta shape...

I'm rootin fer everybody equally, as we approacheth th very cusp of drawin another name!

Best of luck, yall!

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigar View Post
    I saw the Cra and my heart skipped a beat! Ha! Congratulations Crash !
    I would LOVE to see a familiar name... When I seen Mr. Bones' name last year I about jumped out of my seat and I let out a loud "WOOHOO!" That's the last time I check my email at a funeral...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Th Show Must Go On!

• Huskee
    replied
    New winner will be announced in...oh..too soon?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here