Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December 2021 - "Great Giveaway" Three Sweepstakes Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all the winners. Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi and Happy New Year....it's still January so I can say that. We finally had the chance to try our our fabulous December prize: the Vision Professional S-Series Char-Gas Model. We watched a number of internet videos on how to use a Kamado oven, but it just came down to doing it. Wow what fun!!! We have a Weber gas grill and a Traeger smoker. So this is our first charcoal device in a couple of decades. My husband, Mark, was a complete and total Traeger loyalist....until today. Mark LOVES smoked meats. I think he'd eat smoked apple pie if I could figure out how to do it. This became a neighborhood event. Our neighbor (Bob) helped Mark unload and put it together, so we told him he and his wife would be invited to the first meal. Today was the day. We started about 1pm with some skinless chicken thighs just to try it out. We used lump hardwood charcoal and some Pecan wood for smoking. Mark was completely amazed at how stable the temperature was for the entire cook (he has the Maverick XR-Pro thermometer set). The first attached picture is Mark (on the left) and Bob feasting on the super moist and flavorful chicken. The second picture is the chicken before they sucked it all down. Isn't it gorgeous? The next thing to go on was a Prime Tri-Tip from Costco for dinner. Yup, we are California folks and Tri-Tip is our BBQ meat of choice. Normally I marinate the tri-tip (Carol's Marinade available on the internet). But this was Prime meat, so no marinade. I dry brined it last night and then followed the Amazing Ribs Santa Maria Tri-Tip recipe. Mark shut off the air in the Vision after the chicken and then reused the same lump charcoal for the Tri-Tip and it fired right up. This time Mark used Oak for the smoke. To say it was outstanding was an understatement. We can't wait to use it again. Next time will be pizza! Thank you again to Amazing Ribs for our fabulous prize.
      Attached Files

Comment

• KarchyBBQ
        KarchyBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent!

Smoked Apple Pie | Hey Grill Hey - https://heygrillhey.com/smoked-apple-pie/

Just sayin!

• Mark and Nicole
        Mark and Nicole commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks KarchyBBQ....now I've got to try it!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Smoked Apple Pie, (or Cobbler)="Mind.Blown."

I use plenty sugar / cinammon, even a dash of Good Vanilla...consume HOT, with me some French Vanilla Ice Cream, ideally...

Y'all dial it in, jus how y'all likeys it...

Late to the game, but congrats all!

Comment

Congrats all

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here