Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 2021 - "Great Giveaway" Three Sweepstakes Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to our 3 contingent winners who've successfully claimed! Well now we all get some time off from the pins & needles & wunderin'.

Let's do this again second week of June

Comment

• synodog
      synodog commented
      Editing a comment
      Do what again? More forfeits with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places? 😂

Congrats everyone!

Comment

Can I get a Hasty Bake for patiently waiting for my turn?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        If'n anybody ever deserved em a Hasty Bake, I'd cast my danged ol vote fer yerself, Brotherman!

Hail, I'd chip in, ain't no doubt...

Good Luck with that...

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones LOL!!!! Let's hope it works HAHAHAHAHAHA

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Comment

Congrats to the winners and great choices.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners!

Comment

The old and the new! I'm getting ready to smoke a new batch of tasso this afternoon. Thanks again all!

(The thing in the background is a hammock stand).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7923.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	1039848

Comment

• Jared49
                Jared49 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve been searching for your "Tasso" recipe and turned up empty. Do you share it?

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought the new kettle had arms and was waving at us

Jared49 Here you go: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...n-seasoned-ham

Comment

Alright, gave the new girl a few spins. Had some failures and a success. First smoke was whole chicken on mode 1, and was pure garbage coming out. Drying the skin in the fridge for 24 hours might work when doing rotisserie but definitely not for smoking. Skin was like eating dried collagen casing and smoke flavor was non existent. Second time at bat tried ribs 4 ways, also on mode 1. Smoke taste was "present" but not what I was hoping for and salt was too high. Last night did ribs on mode 2 and it was a new world. Deep smoke ring, beautiful flavor and color, tender with slight tug. I think I might just love this Silverbac. BTW, running a custom blend of lumberjack pellets.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We’ve all been there, learning from our mistakes. Your ribs look good! Poppers too. I had similar luck with chickens in the beginning. I learned to dry them good with paper towels before hitting the grill and higher heat makes for crispier skin. I’ll do mine about 375*

• TheAmazingJohnJ
                  TheAmazingJohnJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When I smoke wings, I finish them on my propane grill for 30-60 seconds at 600 degrees. Crisps the skin up nicely. I like to smoke whole, bone-in turkey breasts on the pellet grill. I just do it at 350. Still get some smoke flavor, and the skin isn't rubbery.

Those ribs looks great!

• DrJimmy2112
                  DrJimmy2112 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TheAmazingJohnJ trial and error led me to the same wing strategy

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here