Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 2018 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm late to this thread, having been out of town, but now----CONGRATULATIONS Mr. Bones !!!! Couldn't have happened to a better feller!
    Last edited by Willy; August 15, 2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy Brother, many thanks fer them kind words...
      But, technically, mathematically, statistically, demographically??? Reckon it could of!

Kind of late congrats on that win, Mr Bones sir!!!

I been meaning to ask you if you have any Mealers in your family. You bear a striking resemblance to a very good friend of mine who passed away a little over a year ago.

What time should we stop by for that first cook?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, never too late to join in; I always save ya a seat!

No Mealers that I'm aware of, but that means doodly squat... my kin migrated to LD from KY, TN, VA...

I'll do my best to keep ya posted, re: first cook!
      Yer always welcome, amigo!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      My buddy was from Corbin, KY. So who knows? Maybe somewhere down the line... He was my brother from another mother... or father, we could never get it straight, so you may be my third couz twice removed.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      klflowers Ten rodger on dat!
      Father's Day is th most confusin of th year, in most rural locales!
      We're likely at least distant cuz, jus cause we have ancestors from th same state!

I’ve been mia for a bit and was very happy to see you won. Congrats. Without reading the whole thread what’d you choose?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, man! I sure do appreciate it. Read all what?; this is one o my shorter yarns, ain't it?
      I chose THIS:

• ClayJones
      ClayJones commented
      Editing a comment
      I was going to ask the same question. Nice choice Bones! That was one of my finalists a year ago when I was shopping... Got that nice one-two punch... smoke it then sear it!

Yesssss! Congrats, Mr. Bones !

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, Devil Dog!!!
      Means a whole lot to me, comin from yerself!

Hey Bones, congratulations. i'm another late to the party, had not been in attendance for a while. Just watched Max's short video on the smoker. Great choice. One question, I had was did they name it after you.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, many thanks, brother!
      I'd haveta reckon not, cause then it'd be Th Good One, Expletive!
      (doesn't have near th ring, or marketin appeal!)

Congrats, sir. I have enjoyed seeing some of the various cooks you have done in the past, so it will be quite exciting to see what you do on your new cooker.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, amigo! Much appreciate them kind words!
      Sorry ya've only enjoyed some of my cooks!

• jghorton
      jghorton commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I can't give you too much credit! ;-)

Pretty sure Mr. Bones is blowing up the internet!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mudbeaver, You're Right❗️ Mr. Bones Is Gobbling UP All
      "THE BYTES", With Total Disregard For The First RecTec Of Us❓
      From A Backyard Cremator In Fargo ND, Dan

Well, Latest Official Update:

Due to my seeminly persistent, an admittedly selfish desire to remain un-electrocuted, while at work, I missed a call from Beth at Dominion sumpin (couldn't make out much of th voxmail, reckon her Pappy musta been an auctioneer?? )
    To schedule delivery of my GOOR...

Called em when I got home, ~1620-ish; an all customer service reps had already left fer th weekend, so I do so truly apologize...

Haveta call them Monday, set it up.

Yall will be the 2nd to know, I assure ya!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 18, 2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Why, CaptainMike ...
      As I said, previous, I never even once set this one up.

It was that rascal, rapscallion, an ne'er do well, Huskee , what started alla this here hullabaloo

An yup, when th cooker gits here, I'll start anew, even if it is (was) tradition to show all here...

Attjack Sir, I hope to not disappoint; still googlin how to make bbq, cuttin, n a pastin
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 18, 2018, 08:16 AM.

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      "CUZ", Just What CaptainMike Said We (HE & I) Need A "COMPLETE RUN DOWN OF YOUR PICKS With Pic's‼️
      Hoe Else Can We Properly Observe This "JEALOUS GREED"❓❗️❓ Dan

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! Ha! "Her daddy musta been an auctioneer". Classic!

Is it here yet!!!!!?????

Comment

Holy Sheep S#*t,
      Congrats Mr.B !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzybbq View Post
        Holy Sheep S#*t,
        Congrats Mr.B !!!
        Hey, many thanks there, brother!!!

"Holy Sheep S#*t" don't even begin to cover how flummoxed I was, (an still am), by alla this!

Comment

A belated congrats, Mr. Bones! Have fun with your new baby!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Many Thanks, fellow Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!!!!!
            I hope yer havin Big Fun learnin that Hasty Bake!
            It was among my highest choices!

• crunchysue
            crunchysue commented
            Editing a comment
            I reckon all your final choices were great!

1845 20AUG18 UPDATE:

Called Beth today, mid mornin, an delivery is all set up fer Wednesday, between 1000, an 1400!!!
          So all th wheels are rollin along toward th final steps of gittin it here! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Comment

SITREP 1000 23AUG18 FBB, fwd:
            We're officially within th projected "Delivery Window", (1000-1400), so now I'm gittin even more excited!!!!

(Woke up, couldn't sleep at 0430!)

Comment

Woo hoo! It will be awesome to see how you can grill AND smoke on that thing! It's a very interesting looking cooker for sure.

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Googlin' is alright, I just really wish I knew about some kind of online forum where I could ask all those noob question ;-)

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                Henrik, you mean some kind of online forum where there are a whole bunch of friendly people willing to help out a brother? Where would you ever find such a place?

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup Bogy, it sure beats me ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here