Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 2018 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t know if this helps...your narrowed down list is similar to mine looking at these.

If a Weber is a solid reliable Honda, the pk360 is a Cadillac. Can be used similarly to get you to the same place. The vents are a slick, precise design and the heat retention and evenness Is excellent, plus it doesn’t have any components to rust.

Of course I have a PK360 and PBC and I can say that of all the stuff I have the PBC would be second to last to let go of and the PK would be dead last. (I’ve given away kettles to get people into BBQ).

I’ve always liked the design of the good one, but it seems a bit small in one dimension to be super versatile.

I will say that the pk360 is just a tiny bit smaller than I’d like so the hasty may be better if you are cranking out lots of food/leftovers, but you already have your offset for that anyway.

Tough call... take your time. :-)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate yer input, an experience with two of th cookers in question, brother!
      Very helpful points to consider, an user testimony that there is no substitute fer!
      Thanks!!!!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 14, 2018, 11:26 PM.

Congrats Bones!!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many Thanks, b_radhowland !

Much appreciated, an so good to hear from ya!
      Don't be a stranger, round these parts, okay?

This here is Yer Pit, so pull up a stump, grab a cold one from that lil red cooler over yonder, an git involved, if time permits!

I'd Love to hear more, from ya!

Im dyin’, I want to see what you pick! And then I will be checking over and over again to see what you do with it!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Brother!
      I ain't got but a 'Learner's Permit', ya know?
      I'll try to do ya some Justice, though...bear with me!

Mr. Bones congratulations!!
    Cant wait to hear what you've picked out and your review of it!!!!

Comment

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sivart Kcollub Welcome. I'll wave when I drive by next week. Have a daughter who works in Union and lives in Ellisville. We used to live in Chesterfield, and before that Owensville.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit Sivart Kcollub .

• Pequod
      Pequod commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit, Travis!

I've thought of you as a winner for a long time Mr. Bones

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fer them Kind words, Skip!

Congrats Mr Bones
    cant wait to see pics from 1st cook

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll make sure an post some, thanks!

cgseymour Many Thanks!
    Still doin some researchin, an soul searchin...hmmmmm.....

If I told yall what I was thinkin of choosin, at present, yalls heads might explode in incredulity, an, conceivably, it could cause a gapin, irreparable rift in th very fabric of th Universe!

I don't wanna be "That Guy"

Reckon I got a few days to ruminate, decide what's th best fit...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones , my assessment is that you are a kind, caring, helpful individual, who sees the humor in life (we seem to like and know many of the same jokes). How that translates into what you'll pick I have no idea, but I hope you enjoy it.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking the meat, too!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many Thanks fer them Kind Words, Bogy
      Without humour, is there, indeed, Life? I jus cain't pitcher it...

Mr. Bones I always liked the Good One, but being a Kamado guy the visions Kamado with the gas insert intrigues me. Also, Portable Kirchen is attractive. It would have been an easy one before they added those last two. Mr. Bones, I suspect you are toying with entering Kamado land. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      It is, indeed, a most perplexin choice, regardin which direction do I wanna strike out in, possibly anew...
      There are so very many options at my immediate disposal.... LA Pork Butt
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2018, 09:48 AM.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      The nice thing about this method Mr. Bones is that you can venture into new unfamiliar realms for zero investment, kamado, pellet , etc.

I guarantee that if I ever win, I'm taking the meat. Another thing does me no good. I wish there were still classes available, I'd take those. Knowledge lasts forever, and appreciates in value.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      I know. For me, though, I don't want, nor need, another "thing". I have enough things.

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      I can relate. Looking at moving in the relatively near future, and not looking forward to it. Partly why my wife liked my choice of Grilla for my pellet burner. Smaller item to move.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Takin a Black Angus steer in, 25SEP18, to th Amish butchers, down th road, south, a piece...
      I'm good, in that regard, least I reckon... Bogy
      I agree with ya 117%
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 11, 2018, 07:07 PM.

Mr. Bones Dude! Congratulations! Well deserved. Not sure if you picked yet but let us know when you do. So many choices, so little time!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, brother!
      Have not picked, yet.

Who could be more deserving? Congrats, Mr. Bones !

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, though I think every Member is equally deservin...

This is great!!! Congrats Mr. Bones ! Finally a win for a major contributor!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, Brother!

Can't wait to hear what you choose!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Me, neither!

Congrats man! Glad to see someone win that contributes as much as you do. Enjoy the prize whatever you decide.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, amigo!
      I do talk a lot, not sure how much I actually 'contribute'!

I had to skip pages 5,6,and7 so I could get my two cents in.Congrats MR BONES!!!!
    As all the others have noted this really made my day. It'll be fun to see what you pick I know you'll enjoy it!
    (now I have to find the time to read all the other posts)(after I tend to 6 racks SLC 1 brisket and 2 shoulders)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! bardsleyque
      (I didn't start this whole deal, Huskee did !)
      I blame him lol

• bardsleyque
      bardsleyque commented
      Editing a comment
      rule one assign blame!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here