Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2018 - Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crunchysue, Congrats! Looking forward to your pick!

Comment

Very interesting in following this thread. I'd be in the same/similar situation. I have a Weber Genesis gasser, Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 and a Weber Kettle. Always pondered, what would I choose???

I think I would be trying to decide between the Pellet and HB.

Comment

OK, this has been super fun, and I very much appreciate everyone's help, and I especially appreciate someone's computer for choosing me!

Final Answer: One Hasty-Bake, please!

Comment

• Geekandproud
          Geekandproud commented
          Editing a comment
          Great pick. Please keep us updated. I'm really curious about the learning curve.

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats and good choice. I understand the long decision making process. Some of mine take many months to almost a year.

• Steve_D12
          Steve_D12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on the win!!!!

Great choice! Congrats!!!! You are going to love that rig!

Comment

Congrats!! It would've been a tough choice for me too. Enjoy!

Comment

Enjoy they new toy
            post them pics

Comment

SueperCrunchy!! New name to go with your new rig! Fantastic choice!!!

Comment

Better post some pics of her all fired up!

Comment

crunchysue I need you to return the paperwork by this Thursday July 19th @11:59pm ET, that is the 5-day deadline so check your email get it back to me! Don't let this slip away!

Comment

• sos2979
                    sos2979 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope she answers soon. That would be horrible to have gone through all this and picking one to lose it now. Has that ever happened? Someone responded initially only to fail on the paperwork.

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    sos2979. (She answered shortly after this!) But no, that hasn't happened since I've been handling this. This past February though we had to pick 3 winners because the first two never responded by the initial deadline.

Hasty-Bake is coming Tuesday!!! I'm so excited!!! Of course I'll be posting lots of pics.

Comment

Yusssss!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• smokenoob
                      smokenoob commented
                      Editing a comment
                      sweet!

OK now,...........take it out of the box & show us.

Comment

Here's the story of my first day with the Hasty-Bake!

Hasty-Bake does an excellent job of packing these things for shipping; it took awhile to get it out and unwrapped!

Assembly was easy, and would have been even easier if my arms were just a couple inches longer.

I decided to cook a couple Coulottes because that's what I had in the fridge. So I lined the ash pan with tin foil, put in a little charcoal, and tried to light it with one of the supplied strike-a-fire things. That thing only stayed on fire for about 2 seconds, so I lit it with a match, and then it worked.

The charcoal was ready to go in about 20 minutes.

First I put the steaks on the indirect side, with the coals at "bake" level, trying to cook them a little before searing, but there wasn't enough charcoal to make the oven hot enough to actually cook them over there. Then I moved the fire all the way up, and just seared the steaks.

They came out slightly over how I prefer them, but holy shit were they delicious! A friend came over to see my new baby (the HB), and she lucked out because I hadn't finished eating, so she got a few bites. She declared it most excellent.

I'm so grateful to have won this crazy drawing, and also to everyone who helped me decide what to pick. We chose well!

It'll be couple weeks before I have time to smoke anything, so in the meantime, I'll be Hasty-Baking more steaks; it's not nearly as much trouble as I thought it would be to cook just one steak.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks fantastic, glad yer on the Learnin Curve!

Hail with cookin one steak; I'd cook at least another, each time, fer yer friend to assess...

Comment

• crunchysue
                          crunchysue commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It was a surprise visit, so she was lucky to get what she got.

Great to see winners posting their prizes and their cooks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here