Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2018 - Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

This is going to be a re-draw, I can tell. One year member, no activity at all. Probably forgot about the membership, renewed on automatic.

That being said, I hope not, because I don’t need anything. Cmon, Crunch!

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        No - they've been the site, just not participated in any discussion at all.

Congrats to CrunchySue!! If she doesn't chime in, I'd be happy to help pick something being I'm from the same neck of the woods... Can't guarantee it would get to her though! Haha.

Comment

Congratulations crunchysue!

Comment

Frozen Smoke Mosca jfmorris Always remember to change your filter to "all time" when looking at someone's posts ("Activities"). crunchysue has 14 posts from last summer. It always defaults to "last 30 days" so if you don't change it it will look like a person has 0 posts if they haven't posted in the last month.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know. Now I gotta go dig around on Twitter...

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            dahcopilot ... I don't use Twitter. Do you mean Instagram or are you confusing me w/ someone else?

• dahcopilot
            dahcopilot commented
            Editing a comment
            instagram.....

Wow! Whuut?? Sorrynotsorry, guys, I'm here! For the record, I've participated in lots of discussions. I think I know which prize I want, but I haven't made my final decision yet. What would you choose?

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends what you have.

• SmokeyGator
            SmokeyGator commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t know. Most likely the blaze grill, my gasser has had it. But I sort of want a 4 burner. I could live with three though. I have a Primo XL already.

crunchysue Congratulations! I had my eye on the Hasty Bake as it seems like a good grill AND charcoal smoker, but they recently added the PK360 to the mix too, and that is a sexy looking charcoal grill. I guess a lot of the choice depends on what equipment you already do have, and if you are going to replace or supplement with the new gear you just won. There are a LOT of good choices there.

Comment

Congrats crunchysue!

Comment

HASTYBAKE!
              HASTYBAKE!
              HASTYBAKE!

No pressure though

Congrats!

Comment

OK, here's what I'm thinking. I already have a PBC, which I adore, and a big Weber Genesis Something-or-other gas grill. So I don't need another smoker. I do, however, need a charcoal grill. Now, the Hasty-Bake looks cool with its moveable charcoal tray, but also huge and complicated. (99% of the time I'm cooking for just me.) The PK 360 looks like the PBC of grills to me.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
                  SmokeyGator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Either will suit you well!

• jfmorris
                  jfmorris commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you don’t want the complexity of the Hasty Bake, I think the PK360 is the way to go for charcoal - not as much grilling space, but similar in capacity to my Weber kettle, and it will last forever - cast aluminum body and stainless grates.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree with jfmorris - sounds better suited to your situation.

I have a PBC and s PK360 and I can do just about anything with that combo. The pk360 is a Cadillac of a grill. It’s well designed and very well built.

If I were you I’d study the reviews of them all.

I’d also investigate that new vision kamado. Looks well thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by crunchysue View Post
                  OK, here's what I'm thinking. I already have a PBC, which I adore, and a big Weber Genesis Something-or-other gas grill. So I don't need another smoker. I do, however, need a charcoal grill. Now, the Hasty-Bake looks cool with its moveable charcoal tray, but also huge and complicated. (99% of the time I'm cooking for just me.) The PK 360 looks like the PBC of grills to me.
                  Be sure to check out not only Max's reviews of those two grills right here at AmazingRibs.com, but also some YouTube videos (if you haven't already). This will give you a better feel for their size and which you may prefer.

Comment

• crunchysue
                    crunchysue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, I have been!

I held out on the congrats til it got real. Congrats! As far as your choice goes, I think you are right. The PK360 looks like the mochine. It’s not gargantuan, which you don’t need & Max’s write up and testing you can trust til the cows come home. One thing that was said that caught my attention was the reference vs. a kamado without the hassle.
                  Last edited by FireMan; July 11, 2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Congrats. All would be good choices in my book!

Comment

crunchysue congratulations ..... so, I am a proud Hasty-Bake owner and I gotta tell you, it's my go to grill on a daily basis. I am normally cooking for my wife and I and, sometimes, the two teen girls. It's big, yes, but not complicated. And it can cook a mean Tri-Tip! It's the best all around grill I've ever had and can go from cooking a pork butt for 12 hours at 240 to searing a ribeye to medium-rare perfectly, every time. I wouldn't hesitate to have it just for me as my only cooker. BUT if I had already other cookers, I might hesitate.

Hopefully that helps a little bit.

Comment

• crunchysue
                        crunchysue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks. That HB is definitely tempting...

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here