Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

July 2018 - Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Agree with jfmorris - sounds better suited to your situation.

• crunchysue
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. That HB is definitely tempting...

• crunchysue
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I have been!

• pizza67
    replied
    Congrats! Some tough choices ahead!!

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    crunchysue congratulations ..... so, I am a proud Hasty-Bake owner and I gotta tell you, it's my go to grill on a daily basis. I am normally cooking for my wife and I and, sometimes, the two teen girls. It's big, yes, but not complicated. And it can cook a mean Tri-Tip! It's the best all around grill I've ever had and can go from cooking a pork butt for 12 hours at 240 to searing a ribeye to medium-rare perfectly, every time. I wouldn't hesitate to have it just for me as my only cooker. BUT if I had already other cookers, I might hesitate.

Hopefully that helps a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• dahcopilot
    commented on 's reply
    instagram.....

• Rob Johnston
    replied
    Congrats. All would be good choices in my book!

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    I held out on the congrats til it got real. Congrats! As far as your choice goes, I think you are right. The PK360 looks like the mochine. It’s not gargantuan, which you don’t need & Max’s write up and testing you can trust til the cows come home. One thing that was said that caught my attention was the reference vs. a kamado without the hassle.
    Last edited by FireMan; July 11, 2018, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    If you don’t want the complexity of the Hasty Bake, I think the PK360 is the way to go for charcoal - not as much grilling space, but similar in capacity to my Weber kettle, and it will last forever - cast aluminum body and stainless grates.

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by crunchysue View Post
    OK, here's what I'm thinking. I already have a PBC, which I adore, and a big Weber Genesis Something-or-other gas grill. So I don't need another smoker. I do, however, need a charcoal grill. Now, the Hasty-Bake looks cool with its moveable charcoal tray, but also huge and complicated. (99% of the time I'm cooking for just me.) The PK 360 looks like the PBC of grills to me.
    Be sure to check out not only Max's reviews of those two grills right here at AmazingRibs.com, but also some YouTube videos (if you haven't already). This will give you a better feel for their size and which you may prefer.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Meat-Up in Memphis