Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2018 - Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqmoxie69
    replied
    Congratulations!!

Leave a comment:

• gcrawf
    replied
    Congrats, crunchysue! Happy barbecuing!

Leave a comment:

• MichaelW
    replied
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• crunchysue
    replied
    FYI, I'm posting subsequent stories about my wonderful Hasty-Bake in the "Charcoal" forum.

Leave a comment:

• BBQ_Steve-O
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee Thank you!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    LOVE your avatar!

• crunchysue
    commented on 's reply
    It was a surprise visit, so she was lucky to get what she got.

• BBQ_Steve-O
    replied
    Looks good - I'm excited for you! 😁

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Simply marvelous! 🕶

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Great to see winners posting their prizes and their cooks!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Looks fantastic, glad yer on the Learnin Curve!

Hail with cookin one steak; I'd cook at least another, each time, fer yer friend to assess...

Leave a comment:

• crunchysue
    replied
    Here's the story of my first day with the Hasty-Bake!

Hasty-Bake does an excellent job of packing these things for shipping; it took awhile to get it out and unwrapped!

Assembly was easy, and would have been even easier if my arms were just a couple inches longer.

I decided to cook a couple Coulottes because that's what I had in the fridge. So I lined the ash pan with tin foil, put in a little charcoal, and tried to light it with one of the supplied strike-a-fire things. That thing only stayed on fire for about 2 seconds, so I lit it with a match, and then it worked.

The charcoal was ready to go in about 20 minutes.

First I put the steaks on the indirect side, with the coals at "bake" level, trying to cook them a little before searing, but there wasn't enough charcoal to make the oven hot enough to actually cook them over there. Then I moved the fire all the way up, and just seared the steaks.

They came out slightly over how I prefer them, but holy shit were they delicious! A friend came over to see my new baby (the HB), and she lucked out because I hadn't finished eating, so she got a few bites. She declared it most excellent.

I'm so grateful to have won this crazy drawing, and also to everyone who helped me decide what to pick. We chose well!

It'll be couple weeks before I have time to smoke anything, so in the meantime, I'll be Hasty-Baking more steaks; it's not nearly as much trouble as I thought it would be to cook just one steak.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    crunchysue Western Meats. Not familiar with Old Salt, but I hear Gartner's is amazing. Like take a number and wait amazing. They're out by the airport. Going to hit them up when I get back in town in August.

• crunchysue
    commented on 's reply
    Attjack what butcher? I've always loved Old Salt Marketplace's meat, but they're closing down.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    crunchysue no worries you were busy winning a Hasty Bake! I shop at New Seasons too, but also the butcher down the street, and Grocery Outlet as well. Usually NS for fish and chicken, beef at the butcher, but I'll have to keep an eye out for that wagyu.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here