Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2018 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    Nice choice and again congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Great to hear from you, Rick Texan in SoCal. I was about to send an email reminding you today was the last day and time's running out. You made it!

Great choice! (Not that there are any bad ones)

Watch your email for some paperwork to make it legal, the ball's a rollin' now!

Leave a comment:

• Texan in SoCal
    replied
    Howdy folks!

While I may not add anything to comment sections or what have you on this site, I must say that I’ve found it invaluable over the years. All my neighbors, family, etc. who’ve enjoyed the "fruits" of my labor with the old smoker (not to mention myself included) owe basically all of it to this site, and I’m not at all kidding!

Feel I’ve come a long way in my 28 years of age when it comes to smokers... the first one I could call "mine" (i.e., paid for from my own pocket) was a 2011 Walmart-purchased horizontal offset with hardly enough space for even a flat of brisket... but I, always the token Texas kid, dutifully smoked hunk after hunk of meat for all my college buddies to enjoy — and even on the most frigid of northeastern days, I always did so with a smile and beer in hand! Still remember fondly all the constant temperature-monitor glancing, frantic opening/closing of vents, and that whole overall hands-on-approach required by that poorly crafted piece of junk!

Nonetheless I was an Amazing Ribs disciple at that point, so everything I cooked naturally blew the minds of all who were lucky enough to get the chance to partake! And then after graduating, this site eventually also led me to my next smoker: the classic Weber bullet-type (22”-ish model) that I’ve used from 2013 to the present.

So, after checking out the prize page with much enthusiasm I’ve decided to go for the Hasty-Bake, please! And of course, my big heartfelt thanks goes out to the whole Amazing Ribs team for everything—the current prize included (although, I’ve got to say I’m most thankful for the outstanding information you guys have blessed me with over the years through the site and Meathead’s Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling — probably the most referenced book in my entire collection!) So please know how much I appreciate y’al! Keep up the good work and let me know if I need to get you any more info for the prize business!

Sincerely,
    Rick Johnson aka "Texan in SoCal"
    Last edited by Texan in SoCal; April 14, 2018, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smokin Learner
    replied
    hearty congrats, Texan...

Leave a comment:

• BuckeyeBBQnut
    replied
    Congratulations. Pick something good!

Leave a comment:

• Georgia rookie 903
    replied
    congrats Texan in SoCal enjoy your prizes

Leave a comment:

• DoubleUpOrQuit
    replied
    Very nice! Congrats Texan in SoCal

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    So where is this mystery man anyway? Reveal yourself. And why aren't you in Texas anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Yianno
    replied
    Now you show SoCal some proper Texas BBQ!

Leave a comment:

• hogdog6
    replied
    Congratulations on your win. Post pics we love em.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Anybody else find it odd that the winner himself hasn't chimed in yet? I'm calling shenanigans!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome divadabo15

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Half the fun, for me, of the GMG each month is watching posters virtually drool over something other than food. Plus, it's always fun trying to guess what the winner will pick. It's not as much fun as ACTUALLY cooking or winning, but still . . .

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome! I'd love to do just that, but I'd need his signed consent of course...so if you can arrange that with him, let me know!

• Spinaker
    replied
    Congrats! Choose wisely! We hope to see some pictures of your cooks!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here