Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2018 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stealthdude
    replied
    Congratulations on your win!! Hope I am next! 😊

Leave a comment:

• SmokinVT
    replied
    Congrats! That's a sweet lookin' Que sir!

Leave a comment:

• JoeUser
    commented on 's reply
    That thing looks like it needs rails, for sure. I saw that yellow label on the beer bottle, and thought it was a Shiner Bock, but alas, was a Pacifica... LOL Shame on ya, you should be drinking a TEXAS beer when you're here!

Congrats on the win, and enjoy that Hasty Bake!

• ProLaw
    replied
    Congrats, Rick. Now post some pix of the great food you'll be cooking!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    That is very cool. Thanx for posting.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Very cool. That is a monster firebox!

• Texan in SoCal
    replied
    I’m back in TX at the moment to visit the GF and just spoke to FedEx today to schedule delivery of my new Hasty Bake for the day after I return!

That said, each time I return home to TX, I get that itch to abandon SoCal and get back to my roots here... so quite interestingly, the GF and I spent a few days out west in Alpine, TX over the weekend, and I ended up receiving a totally unexpected job offer from their former DA and current city attorney (for a few places out there), so fate may in fact be drawing me back home!

Anyway, to get to the point, the GF and I were staying at his place, and I found something I thought I’d share with y’all... check out his smoker... made from an old mining cart with some creative welding, it’s pretty cool looking. Couldn’t tell you whether it does a decent job or not, but hey, makes for good conversation and gave me a reason to post here. I placed a beer bottle in one of the pics to give a sense of scale. Pretty neat, right?

Next time I’m out there, I might give it a go... lots of wild pigs that need to be controlled, and I’m thinking this bad boy could handle a few baby pigs and maybe the hams of a young sow at once for a test run. So many pigs out there, it couldn’t hurt to experiment.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Yianno
    replied
    Climbing up the ladder, great story buddy. Enjoy, and send us pics of the cook!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Great choice, I (if I’m ever lucky enough to win) would choose that as well !! Now get you butt back to Texas !!!

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Wise selection, Texan in SoCal . I've been lusting after a Hasty Bake for a long time. I'm glad I can enjoy it vicariously through you. Enjoy!

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Pequod
    replied
    Nice choice, brother Rick! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Texan in SoCal Congrats! Great choice, and don't be a stranger here in The Pit!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    I love it, Texan in SoCal , great you started so young!

Sooner or later, someone is going to pick the Snake River Farms package. That would be me, if I ever actually won.

Leave a comment:

• Mudkat
    replied
    When I win the Hasty Bake is high on the list! Don't be a stranger, show us some pics of the cooker and cooks! Welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Congrats on yer win!
    Bravo Zulu on yer choice of th Hasty-Bake!
    Between that an yer WSM 22, ya got quite th cookin capabilities...
    Lookin forward to more from ya, amigo!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here