Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 2015 - June 2016 Gold Medal Giveaway Winners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a grill, I've got a smoker, I'd have to go with the SRF package for the brisket alone!

Comment

I would choose the Backwoods Chubby or for nostalgia purposes the MHP WNK4 to take me back to my childhood.

Comment

Good-One Open Range

Comment

Originally posted by wjshaf21 View Post
          Thanks for the congrats. Honored to win this month's Gold Medal Giveaway. Wanting a smoker was between the Backwoods Chubby and the Karubeque. Can't get away from the Karubeque. I'm drawn to that beauty. Thats my choice: Karubeque. Thanks Amazing Ribs.

wjshaf21 Have you fired it up yet, what say you?

Comment

This month's Gold Medal Giveaway winner is Sir_Gibby! Sir_Gibby you have until 8/23/2015 to review the prize list and let us know what you want. We hope to hear from you soon!

Comment

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              Happy Birthday! Tell us what you already have, what you have on your wish list, and what you'd like to cook. We'll be happy to help you spend our money!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats Sir_Gibby , and we share the same birthday!

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              CONGRATULATIONS, Sir_Gibby !!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and Huskee !!

Quite the bday present!

Mebbe something similar to this

Comment

Sir_Gibby Take the Karubecue

Comment

Wait so he didn't know about AR monthly giveaway??? LOL!! And I'm here every 15 of the month waiting for that AR email.......

Comment

Congratulations and Happy Birthday one and all. All I can add is that I have Owned my wife for 42 Years today! Dan

Comment

@Danjohnson949. "I have Owned my wife for 42 Years today!".

Congrats on a long and durable marriage. I think some of us would be sleeping on the couch if we said we owned our wife for 42 years though.😎

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Uh huh... You've got a honey do list I see.

I just use the "yes Dear, I think you're right" routine.

That way there's never an argument.😎

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wartface, you are damned right my Momma didn't raise No Fool! Dan

• Ernest
                      Ernest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL!! I take it she doesn't read The Pit.

Cheers all, thank you for all the support. @Huskee--happy birthday sir, hope your day was wonderful.
                    I have a standard Weber charcoal 24" grill, a three burner gas grill with a firebox (I bought years before joining this site and learning why the firebox isn't encouraged), and a standing gas smoker. 2 of the 3 were gifts from my beautiful family. So this'll be my 4th grill--and I'll have only paid for one. Other than mortgage, new HVAC, new water pump, new windows, and crippling debt--life is very kind.

SO. Karubecue. I don't have a friend with connections to wood in what was described (i.e.: I go to Lowes for all my mesquite, hickory, and misc chips when I feel like them). It looks incredible. This is the offer of a lifetime. I will work against the odds and make the damn thing work, but I don't know where to buy the best wood for it. I just moved to Oceanside, CA. Any recommendations are tremendously appreciated.

Broil King Keg looks beautiful too. My father-in-law has a similar grill, loves it.

Anything you can recommend I'll treat as gospel. Thank you, all. I appreciate the community and all your help.

Comment

Grats Sir_Gibby fun fun... and I see this is your first post too, Welcome Aboard

I would pick the Karubecue... it looks like a fine machine! I can not speak to the wood situation in your area... but I would think, if you could get out where some orange or citrus groves are, you might be able to hook up with a farmer who has a line on that kind of wood. I know orchard guys are always replacing trees... just an idea!

Comment

Hey, David,

Is there a particular date each month we should check this site for the month's winner? And will you still also be contacting the winner by e-mail?

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          tongatim we always contact the winner by email and the winner announcement comes out around the 10th of every month... plus or minus a few days

• tongatim
                          tongatim commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks, David. So August's winner has been announced? Not that I'm really eager to win anything. 😉

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep. Sir_Gibby won. The announcement is post #20 in this thread.

Congrats, nice pick.
                        Last edited by mackdaddy; August 21, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Take the Karubecue and worry about the wood later.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here