Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2017 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldnSlow - congrats again - that's a fine choice.

Comment

Congradulations OldnSlow ! I am looking forward to seeing what you cook with your new cooker.

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics from the new toy

Comment

Congrats... Now if only my name would come up in May so I can agonize between the Hasty Bake and the Kamado Joe.... That would be a tough one.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            I think my name needs to come up first.

The Open Range arrived a few weeks ago and it was in perfect condition. I took it slow on the assembly (it's heavy and I did it by myself -- not recommended).

Click image for larger version

Name:	0421171538.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	319629Click image for larger version

Name:	0421171605a.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	319627Click image for larger version

Name:	0421171719a.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	253.1 KB
ID:	319626Click image for larger version

Name:	0423171532.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	319628

Started the break-in and seasoning the same day. So far I've smoked a few racks of ribs, a brisket flat, and a pork butt. Results were fairly good for all but I know they'll get a lot better with experience. Max's Black Swan BBQ sauce is really good also -- especially on the pulled pork!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	0423171937.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	319632Click image for larger version

Name:	0514171049.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	319630Click image for larger version

Name:	0514171222.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	319631

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Great lookin' rig. Congrats.

• mattyb05
            mattyb05 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! That's fantastic, congratulations again.

Looks great! Congrats!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That grill was my choice for months if I won the Give Away, but the Big Joe is available which would make the decision really tough.

Comment

• OldnSlow
                OldnSlow commented
                Editing a comment
                You are right -- that is what the decision came down to. I went with the least fragile. The Good-One is built like a tank. Pretty easy to get the temp. set and stable so good times so far.

OldnSlow - Thanks for posting the photo and for the write up. Please keep it up! It's really nice to see the winner appreciate the win and the write-up on your experience with the cooker is invaluable. Congrats again.

Comment

OldnSlow It is good to see some actions shots of the Open Range. There is a local dealer here in town and I just couldn't wrap my mind around how many racks of ribs to be squeezed onto one rack. Please keep the pics coming!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here