Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2017 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2017 Gold Medal Giveaway Winner!

As one of your many Pitmaster Club benefits each month, you are automatically entered to win the monthly Gold Medal Giveaway.

Prizes are worth as much as $2,250 and you get to pick from anything on the prize list!

The winner also gets a case of 12 Black Swan Barbecue sauces.

This month's winner is OldnSlow

You have through Monday 4/17/2017 to review the prize list and let us know what you want, right here in this thread.

Congratulations "OldnSlow", we hope to hear from you soon!

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats OldnSlow

Comment

Congrats OldnSlow

Comment

OldnSlow Nice signing bonus! Congratulations!!!

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree... he gets $2,250 and he hasn't even said a word yet.😎

• TheCountofQ
              TheCountofQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Breadhead, How do you get the emoticons under a comment?? I haven't figured it out yet.

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              I knew I should have gone into baseball, like my Dad said!

Wow awesome!

Comment

Sweet!!! Congratulations!

Comment

Good for you, OldnSlow !!

Comment

Congratulations 🍾! Show us pics when you're set up!

Comment

I just joined @Amazingribs last moth and boom! I hit the monthly draw I've only been smoking for a little over a year and I've been researching a new charcoal cooker. Timing of this windfall couldn't be better but I'm not sure what to pick given my inexperience. I don't want to be disingenuous and just pick the most expense thing -- I may be stupid for passing up the bucks but I'm kinda leaning toward the Komado Joe or maybe the PBC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank for your help -- I can't wait to break in a new unit and improve my results!

Comment

• SMO
                      SMO commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OldnSlow I am sold on Kamado Joe. I had some issues with mine and they shipped me a new 2017 model. I love it and love the support.

• Potkettleblack
                      Potkettleblack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Based on what you have currently, and assuming you have the space and no restrictions, I would consider the KJ, The Good One, or the Hasty Bake. the Broil King would also be worth considering. PBC is exciting, but value man...

• kmwweiskircher
                      kmwweiskircher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Congrats! I feel the same way you do! I won in November. I chose the "Good One", and POSITIVELY love it. I made my choice late at night while my hubby was asleep because I knew he would try to convince me to choose the most expensive one, instead of what I wanted.

Congratulations OldnSlow! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Now to your question on which to pick, have you already looked at the reviews of each of the charcoal cookers in the Gold Medal Giveaway list?

Comment

Congrats OldnSlow The kamado Joe would be my pick. If you don't like red you can always have it redirected to me.

Comment

Nice to hear from you OldnSlow! I second Fuzzydaddy's recommendation of reading the reviews on each thoroughly. Maybe even check out YouTube reviews to see how they look & function. They each have their pros and cons and unique operating needs. Both are excellent choices.

You have an excellent problem here!

Comment

Congrats OldnSlow. I agree with Steve B. If you are relatively new to smoking you would appreciate the ceramic cooker because it is much easier to learn on and try out recipes without having to worry about temp control. What other equipment do you have? We will all help you spend your money as though we won if we knew a bit more about what you have and what your cooking ambitions are.

Comment

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Horizon?

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here