Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 2016 Gold Medal Giveaway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Slim, I'll acknowledge, no problem.
    But, not at all impossible! Stoney

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    What a great and helpful answer. Thanks!

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!

• RickyBobby
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    JPP Cooking in the winter is not an optional thing to me, it's a given! I'm with you- shovel, broom, make a trail, whatever it takes. I will have BBQ rain, shine, snow, sleet, heat, or hail.

• Harry
    replied
    Heck, I joined and was here a couple of weeks before I learned there was some kind of giveaway. [ASIDE: I'm really slow at exploring new sites - I started with "Recipes" and spent hours in ecstasy.) The info I have gleaned from this site and you all is prize enough. Although I wouldn't turn down that meat and utensil combo. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Been there, done that!

• JPP
    commented on 's reply
    I'll shovel off the patio and cook in January if I have to! (I'm in New England).

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Makes sense. Thanks.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Craigar I'm not sure to be honest, but I believe it's anyone that's logged into their account. Now that weather is getting cooler it makes sense that # would go down a bit. Fair weather BBQ fans being what they are...

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    So let me ask this out of curiosity...what constitutes an active member? I have noticed the past couple of months that number keeps dwindling. Right now we're under 2,200 and at one point I believe we were close or even over 3,000. Just curious is all and not trying to stir a pot.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Remember the Mark Twain quote: "There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies, and statistics" ... just sayin' ... ...

• David Parrish
    replied
    Out of curiosity I just checked. We have 820 members with a post count of 10 or more. I think we HAVE had one or two winners with a post count higher than ten. Given we're closing in on 30 giveaways that puts the win rate somewhere between 3% to 6% for folks with 10 or more posts.

820 out of 17,000 members is 4.8%.

SO, statistically speaking we're right where we should expect to be.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    commented on 's reply
    There are thousands of registered members and maybe 100 that regularly chat on this forum, the chance of a "talkative" member being randomly selected is very slim.

• Thunder77
    replied
    Not griping or anything.... OK I'm griping. It would be nice if someone with a post count of more than 10 could win the prize just once...

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here