Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member's Only Content On The Public Part Of AmazingRibs.com Can't Be Viewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member's Only Content On The Public Part Of AmazingRibs.com Can't Be Viewed

We sporadically get reports that members can't see "Member's Only Content" on public part of the site. It is almost always a browser or WIFI issue.

The members-only content is unlocked by a snippet of code called a cookie that we install on your browser when you login to the Pitmaster Club. This cookie tells the site you are a member and it also blocks ads and the nagging reminders to join The Pitmaster Club. So, the first thing to check is to see if you have logged in at https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com If you are, and you still can’t access the page and/or you are still seeing ads, quitting your browser, not just closing it, but a hard quit, or better still, rebooting your device, often clears out the memory of a confused browser.

If that doesn’t do it, then check to see if cookies are being blocked. Cookie control is in the security settings on your browser. Here are some links to browser help docs on cookies. If you are blocking cookies, then you need to tell your browser to allow cookies from pitmaster.amazingribs.com

Here are instructions for doing this

Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
    Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191...S&locale=en_US
    Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...d-unblock-them
    IE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-allow-cookies

Sometimes people have ad blockers or virus software installed on their browser, a firewall installed on their WIFI, or even a setting on your internet service provider dashboard that blocks cookies. If you do, tell them to make an exception for pitmaster.amazingribs.com and try to login again. A way to test is to try another computer, another browser, another device, or try logging in with your phone using cell data and not WIFI or go to a Starbucks or a neighbor’s house.

Remember, if you switch to a different device, a different browser, that browser has no way of knowing you are a member, so you will need to login with that browser to get the cookie.

Let us know if any of this helps or not.
    Last edited by Meathead; October 25, 2020, 12:13 PM.

Hi, I have tried all this and it still isn't working for me. When I search a recipe and it is a members's only recipe it directs me to log in. It automatically logs me in and redirects me to the club. Then I don't have access to the recipe when I go to there fee site. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you gotten it cleared up?

The problem is in your browser. The solution is here
    If things just seem wrong. If pages aren't loading or they're doing goofy things, before we push the panic button and call out the tech wizards, let’s make sure the issue isn’t a confused browser. That is usually the cause of misbehavior. Especially on mobile devices where browsers just aren't as sophisticated as on

Comment

I gotta say, it's pretty irritating to pay the membership fee, and then have to jump through hoops to try to get a website to work correctly. I am a member and have tried all of the the hoop-jumping described in various posts, on three different browsers. I still do not have member only access to amazingribs.com. Yes, I have access to pitmaster.amazingribs.com. Everytime I try to get the ribs ebook,it takes me to a page on how to become a member, tells me to sign up, I go to that page, says I'm already signed up and takes me to pitmaster.amazingribs.com. All of this is tried on the "the big three"browsers, cookies enabled, cache cleared, ad blockers off, etc and so on.

Comment

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Please don't blame me for the problems in your software. We had about 20 members with the same issue getting member articles on the main site and the "hoops" cured them all. The toughest ones to solve were people who had anti-virus software on. Try turning it off, quit the browser, relaunch it and that should cure it. Then you can turn on the virus software. reach out to me personally if that fails: [email protected]
        Last edited by Meathead; September 26, 2020, 01:49 PM.

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Please note, with 16,500 members, there were about 20 complaints, so the website is working just fine. The problem is the way some browsers work, and it is complicated by firewalls, ad blockers, and virus software. I can help. We will get it fixed. Did you try the stuff here Did you go to this page https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...be-misbehaving
        Last edited by Meathead; September 26, 2020, 01:51 PM.

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Correction: There IS a problem with the ribs ebook. It says so in big bold letters on the top of the page. The company that makes the flipbooks for us screwed them up and of course it happened on a weekend. Drop me an email and I'll give you a workaround.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here