Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acronyms & Abbreviations Commonly Found In Posts

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! What's "cambro"

Comment

Originally posted by Ricorocks View Post
      Cool! What's "cambro"
      Cambro has been dedicated to creating and providing the most durable, high-quality containers, Cambro food carts, and other proven plastic products for the foodservice industry since 1951. Cambro has grown into one of the industry's largest plastic manufacturers with its inventive CamKiosk, CamChiller, CamCarrier, durable storage containers, and glass racks.

Comment

Huskee what about PMC on there for PitMaster Club?

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the delay...I was away. I like it! Added!

• AverageJoe
          AverageJoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee kind of figured that. You will learn that I am not normally in a rush. People have lives offline as well.

I keep seeing MSD. Help

Comment

Sorry mountainsmoker the only MSD I know of is a division of Holley and makes performance ignition parts for automobiles
          Do you mean MCS? more cooking stuff.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            No MCS I know. I will ask the next time I see it.

FUD Fear Uncertainty Doubt

Comment

For the fathers in the world,,,,TAM,,,,,toddler attention manuever. For those special moments when you are completely commited to a critical moment, and the kid falls, cries, screams bloody murder, pushes grandpa of the steps ect.

Comment

I guess we need to add PBJ. "Pit Barrel Junior"

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                Uncle Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                OJB, ojb, ojb...………………………………………………………………………………….

My honest opinion, there’s way too many abbreviations being used. I wish more people would just spell out what they mean sometimes. Some of these that are so obscure, it forces us to come back here for an explanation. Or print out the page and keep it handy when online. I’ve read so many posts where I had no clue what they’re talking about. And I’m not a rookie to BBQ, on this site I’m a rookie. I wish sometimes people would remember we’re not all charter members. Of course more common ones are ok, that most of us know, like WSM or SnS, to name just a few. So many of these abbreviations force us to wonder what they’re talking about. I think that list should be whittled down by half or more and people just spell it out. Anyway, I’m done. Thanks.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                S2bu

• hoovarmin
                hoovarmin commented
                Editing a comment
                I typically eschew acronyms altogether. ITEAA.

• Johnny Booth
                Johnny Booth commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. I used to work in IT. Customers liked it when I used real words. They would wait for the sales geek to stop talking and look at me for the human translation. 😂

Panhead John What does CN stand for?

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                CN is ComfortablyNumb. Sometimes I just abbreviate their names. Now, I know you caught me doing the same thing I was bitching about. 😂

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I caughtcha!
                Last edited by treesmacker; August 11, 2020, 08:36 PM.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                busted, same as mb when ya ref'd me, previous. lol

phj

Panhead John No.

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok HouseHomey what does No stand for?
                Now I’m really confused.
                And how did this thread get so off track.
                I need help. Any of you psychologist’s???
                I need some couch time.
                I need to get some sleep.
                I need to retire sooner than later.
                I need clean my cookers.
                I need to reorganize my coat closet.
                I need to just stop talking.
                I need to, oh never mind.

Haa. INT. Just another acronym. 🤦🏼
                Last edited by Steve B; August 11, 2020, 08:48 PM.

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Y’all are probably wondering, who is this Panhead dude? Where did he come from? And who in the Hell let him join AR? ( That’s short for Amazing Ribs )

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                No means No.

PBR, People's Beer Reserve

Comment

Need to add one - It is used in my Stereo world for big speakers and equipment.

WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good one, I will add it!

• vandy
                  vandy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah when it comes to speakers that is a big deal I finally bought my lifetime speakers about 3 years ago, Focal Sopra 2's and my wife surprisingly loves them and they sound absolutely fantastic. She didn't like it very much when I plopped a Rel sub-woofer down behind the left speaker but she got used to it pretty quick when she heard what it did to the sound.

Huskee

FOD (military term) = Foreign Objects & Debris (was reminded of it's relevance to the Pit when reading the excellent PBC thread by fzxdoc!).

A form of 'punishment' when ya messed up on an aircraft carrier was to do a "FOD walk down" on the flight deck - nothing worse than a jet engine sucking up a stray bolt / piece of paper / whatever from the catapult 😳 - please DON'T ask how I know this 🤪

Peace,
                Nunyaz
                Last edited by nunyaz; December 21, 2022, 12:31 PM. Reason: finally took the time to learn how to 'tag' folks ;)

Comment

LSG Lone Star Grillz

Comment

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Added, thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here