Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acronyms & Abbreviations Commonly Found In Posts

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have CI listed as Cook's Illustrated.

CI also is used for "Cast Iron"
    KBB - Kingsford Blue Bag aka Kingsford Original Charcoal

Comment

ribeyeguy mentioned KBB, I replied no clue. jgg85234 replied Kingsford Blue Bag! Appears to be a new addition to the list!

Comment

Helpful and entertaining! Now all we need is hot links that appears every time an acronym is used, and just a click defines the acronym. Oh, what a can of worms that has been opened.

Comment

Can of Worms aka cow, hmmm, might be issues

Comment

TLDR Too Long Didn't Read

Comment

If you can decipher these acronyms, you'll know exactly where I work:

"We need to NDI the OML and IML of the CFRP to know whether we are going to process through MRB for UAI or RTV to KHI."

I swear I caught myself saying something similar the other day and had to shake my head.

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                I always thought RTV was "room temperature vulcanizing"

non destructive inspection of outer mold and inner mold = ndi the oml and iml. You work in a bakery department and determining what buns and bread to pull off the shelf before the bbq customers show up.

Comment

• HC in SC
                HC in SC commented
                Editing a comment
                HA HA! Close - at least on part of it. Here it is with no acronyms:

"We need to non-destructive inspect the outermost layer and the innermost layer of the carbon fiber reinforced plastic to know whether we are going to process through material review board for use-as-is or return to vendor Kawasaki Heavy Industries."

Oh Man, that was my second guess!

Comment

I better toss this one in there before I forget because I suffer from CRS just ask my wife ( Can't Remember $&%@ )

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love th' BR549 reference!
                  Grew up watchin' Hee Haw, also went to JHS/HS with Chuck Mead...

And, you're still buying used cars from Junior Samples👀
                Welcome to the pit!
                Jim

Comment

• BR549
                  BR549 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the welcome Jim ! Nothing like Hee Haw and Sanford and Son nowadays it's half rotten zombies trying to eat your brains out.
                  Chad

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I reckon' they'd ome up summat disappointed with th' meal available here!

POS- Piece of sh... Or in other words, BRINKMANN

Comment

New to the Pit, but I didn't see "ABT". I know what it is, but many newbies may not.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                    Jon Solberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    welcome and tell us what ABT is all about.
                    Last edited by Jon Solberg; April 3, 2016, 12:10 PM.

• JimmieOhio
                    JimmieOhio commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ABT = Atomic Buffalo Turd which is a hollowed out jalapeño pepper stuffed with cream cheese and a Lil' Smokie sausage. It is wrapped with bacon, then smoked for an hour or two. Never had any left over yet.

I can't believe you left out SNAFU! (And I won't go into a programmer's obsession with variables named "foobar" or "foo" or "bar". I'm pretty sure you can guess the origin of THAT one.)

Comment

• CeramicChef
                    CeramicChef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    boftx - in the oil patch we use FUBAR. Same translation.

• Gunderich_1
                    Gunderich_1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was going through the thread to see if anybody had added these. I am VERY familiar with both terms, believe me! LOL

What is SBR? I have seen that in a couple of posts, but not in the acronym list.

Comment

Sweet Baby Ray's ?

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the only thing that comes to my mind too. Thunder77 is it used in the context that it could be sauce?

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here