Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Off Topic" Channel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bordercollie
    commented on 's reply
    Firewood for sure- It's a Hackberry .. and the other tree several years ago was a big oak.. still it had to go. Problem is with all of the tornadic type storms, we are getting low on trees for shade. better than cow short I guess. May try some hog wire on the stable ones .

• Angryfish
    commented on 's reply
    Perhaps that tree should become firewood

• bordercollie
    replied
    I hope this is ok to post here.
    We were going down the barn driveway.. next to a patch called the "lightening tree (cause lightening struck a tree there 20 years ago and it smoldered for 2 weeks). We're weaning the registered heifers and had just moved them out of the patch that morning ... but there before my eyes was a heifer with her head stuck in a tree. I said "that calf has her head stuck in that tree" ... B-i-l says "there should be none in that patch" so we back up, get the tools needed to extract the silly thing and go to work. I was sure grateful because the freezer is full.
    Fortunately for her, she was able to get pushed back out with the help of mineral oil and us fussing at her. Afterwards, we got her back with the rest of her friends. From the looks of it she had been there all day. It was a miracle that we went down that driveway that evening .
    Several years ago, a cow did the same thing in a different tree and patch. She stayed longer but survived- If only she would have lowered her head to back out , she would have been out faster.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Divotdog
    replied
    I had a outdoor grill spot light for years. It worked great but eventually died of old age and three moves. It was grey about 5 foot tall with a weighted bottom so it would not blow over in the wind. It was about 125 bucks at bbq galore. I can’t find anything close to it nowadays. I’ve bought numerous outdoor lamps both standing and clip on but none will last the weather. I have to bring it in after using it. It can be electric plug into an outlet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. I wish I had a picture.
    Last edited by Divotdog; May 1, 2023, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Reed103
    replied
    I just purchased one from the link and it is not the same as the original it seems to be missing a few recipes. Specifically the Texas beans recipe. There is only one recipe for beans in the new book. And it is not the Texas beans like granny would make recipe. Am I wrong about where I saw that recipe

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    There are several links to purchase it on this page: https://amazingribs.com/ratings-revi...meathead-book/

• Reed103
    replied
    I would like to find an original version of meatheads book. Anybody know where I might be able to find that?

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    texastweeter You been smoking bananas?? ‘

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Lo, define "healthy". Meathead's mantra has always been health talk is best left to doctors, not the rest of us. "Healthy" changes over the years. We each have a personal idea of "healthy" but it shifts. If you want to discuss particular ways of cooking/eating, such as keto or gluten free or low fat, my suggestion is discuss that cooking style in the most relevant Food sub-channel- beef or vegetables, etc. Low-sugar pork rub in Rub Discussion, or salad ideas in Vegetables, Fruit Discussion, etc.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman I got my banana hammock ready, could you shave my back and butt the day of, I can't reach them.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    That topic is for FUTURE discussions (another requested channel) because the shoot doesn't occur until the end of the month. You're jumping the gun. PJ has yet to buy his suit as far as I can tell.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Define HEATHY .... hmmm ???

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Mosca whats wrong with that?

• texastweeter
    replied
    Which channel does Panhead John s swimsuit spread that Troutman is shooting go in?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Only half, I have low expections.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here