Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M Grills M-16 purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations. I have the M1 and the original version C4 as well as the newer stainless steel C4. They make quality products.

By the way, you don't have to use the pedestal to use the PK 360. The capsule can sit on the ground or any heat resistant surface. That is what those feet on the back of the grill are for. I have one and they are very nice as well.

Comment

• BBQPhil
      BBQPhil commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info; I didn't figure that out from their website and they don't sell the 360 without the pedestal. Good to know.

• 70monte
      70monte commented
      Editing a comment
      They used to sell just the 360 capsule by itself but I guess they no longer do.

I've now used my M16 grill about a half dozen times and am thrilled with the results. As I previously wrote, I was tempted by the PK Grills 360, but didn't want the cart and, with some of the issues reported with water accumulation inside, didn't want to compromise. If you are going to spend $700 or more it should be a perfect solution.

My goal was a charcoal grill that could reach sizzling temperatures for steaks, yet still be practical for indirect and normal cooking. The M16 has exceeded my expectations. It's beautifully constructed of really heavy, thick stainless, all beautifully hand welded. Parts are screwed together with stainless hardware. The top and bottom mesh perfectly with no air gaps at all, and comes with the same sealing material that came on my Yoder. Thus, there is no leakage, verified by a smoke test I did.

There are four vents that are located on the ends, which means there is no possibility of water leakage as on the PK. The vents are continuously and precisely adjustable. In on the bottom and out on the top. That lets me use them for both high temperature direct and lower temperature indirect cooking. The two piece full stainless grates fit precisely into the grill within the stainless frame. No movement at all. I also have their grill grates that fit equally well. I can also mix and match, which I've done. Indirectly cooked a steak on the standard grate on the left half with the fire on the right half under the grill grate and then directly cooked on the grate after opening all of the vents.

The grill also comes with a heavy steel caged basket for the charcoal and under that a very heavy steel tray to catch the ashes. My only recommendation is for them to provide a divider to the charcoal basket to keep the charcoal on one side. I mentioned that to Travis, who owns the company, and he said he'd make one. I also have to pay compliments to the contemporary design of the grill. Not just a square box, but very well styled, as well. Last, but not least, a unique product fully designed and built in the U.S. Too rare these days.
    Last edited by BBQPhil; July 23, 2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• jmwaldhelm
      jmwaldhelm commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks and sounds fantastic.

Is it working well for indirect cooking?

I have an older Weber kettle - was considering either a newer Weber Performer or the PK360, but I’m going to have to add the M16 to my maybe list.

Thanks for all the information.

• BBQPhil
      BBQPhil commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it works for indirect as well, although have only done thick steaks indirectly.

Nice. Enjoy!

Comment

Hi guys and gals. Looks like I have led a sheltered life! I just joined Pitmasters today and am looking forward to learning about smoking and grilling options. I have not heard of any of the grills y'all are talking about, but they look great. I have been smoking on a homemade 500 gallon offset smoker for 25 years with good results. Have had excellent results with Old Smokeys over the years, cooking ribs, chicken and brisket with 2 zone minion method before it was popular. To sear steaks on the OS I raise the charcoal plate with a wire basket placed under it to get fire within 6 inches of the grill. I use th e big pit for large church and family functions and a Oklahoma Joe Longhorn fitted with a baffle system for the majority of my smoking when we don't need a ton of meat. I look forward to interacting. TJBrasher

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Greetings. Can I suggest you go to the channels page and make a post in the "Introduce yourself" we sure would like to give you a big welcome.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here