Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M Grills M-16 purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M Grills M-16 purchase

I've been searching over the past 6 months for a table top charcoal grill for primarily high temperature grilling, mostly for steaks. But I also want to be able to do a reverse sear with a grill capable of maintaining both direct and indirect heat with a good vent design to manage the airflow.

I own a Yoder pellet smoker and a BGE, but neither were ideal doing for quickly grilling a couple of highly seared prime steaks. I looked at a wide range of options, from a Smokey Joe to PK grills to a SNS kettle. I was almost ready to buy the PK Original, but when I saw it up close it was disappointing. The castings were somewhat crude and the ash management was an afterthought. And to get it with stainless steel grills, a must for me, brought the price to over $400. The company required buying the plated grill and would not substitute for an additional charge. The 360 model was much more refined, but it needed to be used with a cart and that brought the total to more than $700. I love the look of the Hasty-Bake that Meathead reviewed, primarily for the stainless steel construction, but I didn't need the smoking and baking functions.

That's when I stumbled upon the M Grills M-16 on their website. It's constructed entirely of 304 heavy gauge stainless, has robust stainless steel grates as well as grill gates. It has a very attractive contemporary design and not a piece of plastic anywhere. But it was $1100 and was sold with its own cart. I contacted the company, spoke with the owner, Travis, and learned I could purchase the grill for $850 without the cart. While beyond my original budget, it was just a tad more costly than the PK, and being made in the USA was important to me in these times.

I received it yesterday and was awed after seeing it in person. Yes, I read the specs, but they hardly convey what becomes evident from inspection. Considering its material and constructions, it's built better than anything I've ever seen or owned, and I'm a retired product design engineer. It weighs close to 100 pounds. Fortunately the lid and base come apart into 2-50 pound parts! I think I've found the perfect grill that perfectly matches my needs and that's built like a $5,000 grill at an affordable cost. Will report back after using it for a while.
    Attached Files

Awed ain’t the word, awesome mebbee! That appears to be the table top of table tops. Very cool! Now the next step, gittin some meat & other victuals in it & cook em up! 👍👍👍

Comment

She's a beaut, Clark! Congrats.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That is steak machine. My neighbor has one and absolutely swears by it.

Comment

Great looking cooker, enjoy running it through it’s paces

Comment

Congrats! Mgrills are great and so is there Service!

I own the m1 and the c4. Couldn't be happier with them.

Comment

Good to hear. They’re been very nice to work with.

Comment

I was awed when I saw the picture. Two thumbs up!

Comment

I've got my heart set on an M1. Was love at first sight when I saw the design, and Travis' videos on the construction and craftsmanship really sealed the deal.

Comment

Have you gotten a chance to use the m16 yet? Curious on your impressions

Comment

First cook on the M-16. Used a chimney full of Fogo and grill grates for lobster tails and sirloin.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent first cook!

And, that cooker is amazing! gosh, these M grills are just superb! I would love to own an M1!

can’t wait to see more cooks on it!

Comment

Thanks. This is an amazingly constructed grill that's so different from other manufactured products in this price range. Thick 304 stainless steel, with beautifully welded seams. The cover mates perfectly with the base preventing any leaks.

Comment

You made a great purchase. Travis is a great guy, excellent customer service.

sandy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here