Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M16 C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M16 C

Hello all....was just curious if anyone has pre-ordered the M16 C? I think this will be the one that I order....while I love the original....Travis has this new unit at a great price point. I don't compete in SCA and really just a weekend warrior backyard guy. The rising cost of steel forced his hand to increase the price of the S unit, understandably so. The C unit and portable table almost equals the cost of a S unit. They are an amazing company with great customer service...experienced this first hand when I picked up my C4 and table. Luckily I live about an hour away from the warehouse..

It does look pretty good and the price point is nice.

https://mgrills.com/collections/pro-...products/m16-c

Although, what really impressed me is that cart. What a clever design.

https://mgrills.com/collections/pro-...djustable-cart

Comment

I've had the M16 for a year and love it. My go to grill for steaks and high temp cooking. Built like a tank and precisely made. The stainless steel requires a lot of work to keep it looking good because it discolors from the high temp and the spillover of the food. It can be renewed to the original appearance with some effort using special Scotch pads. Travis has a YouTube where he shows how it's done. The point being the black unit may be easier to keep looking like new.

Comment

Discolored is the "Battle Hardened" look

Comment

Can you fit a full packer on there or is there a way to add extra shelves?

Comment

• TexasRob
            TexasRob commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly I can't see how it would work with the amount of grill surface of the M16. Maybe a pork shoulder and bank the coals all to one side for indirect cooking.

• BBQPhil
            BBQPhil commented
            Editing a comment
            Not unless you fold it in half.

I've thought about getting a M16 and at the price point of this new one, it's tempting but I can't really justify getting one right now. I have a PK360 and PKGO if I want something portable.

I did order their new large cutting board though and it should be here tomorrow I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by 70monte View Post
            I've thought about getting a M16 and at the price point of this new one, it's tempting but I can't really justify getting one right now. I have a PK360 and PKGO if I want something portable.

I did order their new large cutting board though and it should be here tomorrow I hope.
            cutting board?

Comment

• 70monte
              70monte commented
              Editing a comment
              M Grills now sells a plastic material cutting board in a small size and a large size. I'm not sure if they are on their website yet. I bought mine back in October when Travis was at the Texas State Fair and they were having a 10% off sale on their products.

• Walt Dockery
              Walt Dockery commented
              Editing a comment
              interesting, i don't see them on their website.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here