Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New M1 first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New M1 first impressions

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210612_155221069.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1044531Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210610_112259974.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1044534Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210612_155225412.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1044532 New M1 arrived a few days ago. This thing is impressive right off the bat. Everything about it screams quality. I had seen plenty of people saying it was solid, "built like a tank" etc. But you have to touch this thing to really appreciate how well built it is. It is heavy, solid, thick metal all around. The firebox pullout must weight 25 pounds, the lid requires some muscle to lift, The door to the firebox is thick and solid, same with the ash pan. I just can't say enough about the solidity and the build quality.

It came packed on a solid pallet, no way this thing was shifting or moving at all. Fully padded, tied down, nothing was going to put a blemish on this machine in transit. Getting it off the pallet was a little rough and working it into my backyard required laying down some wood tracks. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210612_163556087.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1044533 if I have a criticism it's that the wheels could be beefier. It was difficult to roll this grill the 30 feet back to my patio. Once there it moved ok but required some muscle to get going.

Assembly was easy, very simple. 6 screws to remove for the shelves on each side and then just screw in the crank for the charcoal grate and the thermometer. All the pieces were tied down inside the cook chamber with zip ties. The accessories were as solid and will built as the rest of the grill.

I followed M Grills instructions to season the grill from their YouTube videos. Lit a chimney of lump charcoal then dumped it into the firebox. Added some more charcoal and let it burn down for about 2 hours. Hit a peak grate temp of 365 with the charcoal burning in the lower firebox but that was just me being curious, not a real world cooking situation.

Anyway, I like what I see so far. I'll post more once I get to actually cook on the grill. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210612_155244478.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1044535

What are you gonna cook first?

Comment

• Tuckmonster
      Tuckmonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably start with some steaks and pork chops during the week then ribs when I get a free day in a week or so. This is my first venture into real stick burning so I thought I'd cook something that won't take all day initially. Pork shoulder might be a good early attempt as well as those are pretty forgiving.

It looks like a tank, a shiny, new, beautiful tank! đź‘Ť

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

I look forward to seeing and hearing your experience with that grill. I have looked at it numerous times and everything looks really good on it now that Travis has moved the fire basket down and added stainless steel to the firebox door.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

I love these grills. I think this is what I would get if I were to get a combo type grill. Enjoy that thing!

Comment

Wow so shiny and new! Great looking cooker enjoy!

Comment

Beautiful! Sure has stepped up a few notches since they were first released. I have a hunch you’re gonna love it

Comment

I didn't realize how good looking those M1s are! Very sharp!

Comment

Congratulations. It looks sharp. I have the older 2019 version and it's a great cooking machine. I just did a rack of ribs on mine last week.

I had Travis order me 6" castors for mine and it rolls so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by kenrobin View Post
                        I didn't realize how good looking those M1s are! Very sharp!
                        You need to get one Kenyatta. This is Wayne by the way.

Comment

• kenrobin
                          kenrobin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey Wayne..... it will get a long look the next time I'm in the market for a new pit.

• 70monte
                          70monte commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's definitely one of my favorite pits. It holds temps very well and is very responsive to vent changes.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here