Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New loaded Yoder Durango

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New loaded Yoder Durango

Well my friends, it has arrived, and it is beautiful! I was planning to cook yesterday, but it took me until 8pm to get it unloaded. Funny story actually. The FedEx 53' semi truck could not get in my development, so I agreed to grab my trailer, and get it from the warehouse. It took 2 guys an hour with 2 tow motors to get this beast loaded onto my trailer. It was nerve racking! I then strap it down and head home. There was a bunch of Mexicans building a new house next to mine, so I went over to offer 5 guys $20 each to unload this thing, but no hablo englais, crap. Seeing as I just moved to Arkansas from Ohio, I only have one friend in the neighborhood thus far, so I called Gus!! Hell yeah says Gus, just cook me something tasty! Gus and I pondered physics, inertia, gravity, and the meaning of life for nearly an hour before coming up with the agreed upon plan. Gus parked his Hyundai in my garage behind my trailer, with the rear tow hook facing out. We then took my 10k pound strap, affixed it to the pallet, as well as Gus' Hyundai! Then I hopped into my Ram 1500, and dropped it into 4x4, and gave er the gas. This pulled the trailer, the smoker, and the Hyundai, so Gus had to get into the Hyundai and give it the gas as well. This ended up working, and I had a 8" tall pallet in my driveway with a 1000 pound sexy steel beast on it. Now to get it off the pallet without tipping the 7' tall vertical smoker, ruining all my hopes and dreams! Gus thought if we took the tailgate off my trailer, put its lip on the pallet, and gently rolled her down, we would be good to go. Well, with a lot of pushing, sweating, and groaning, the "Amish Angel" is now in my garage, and will be fired up for the first time in t-minus 2 hours!!! I cannot wait my meaty friends.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161004_200745.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	227583

Sweet! Welcome to Arkansas!

Comment

• PaynTrain
      PaynTrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah! Thanks.

Great story, and congrats on that purdy smoker. Welcome to the stickburning club (and the Yoder club!).

Comment

• PaynTrain
      PaynTrain commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, very excited.

Thing of Beauty my friend. You'll get many years of great use out of that sucker.

Comment

Welcome PaynTrain and nice stickburner

Comment

Sweet smoker congratulations!

Comment

PaynTrain congrats on your new smoker! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute.

Comment

• PaynTrain
            PaynTrain commented
            Editing a comment
            I will do it today fuzzydaddy. I was going to, but then thought no one probably card about that section. Stay tuned!

Pretty piece of steel. Congrats and good luck. You are about to embark on a wonderful journey. Btw is that a BGE on your porch?

Comment

• PaynTrain
            PaynTrain commented
            Editing a comment
            Hell yeah, BGE still in play!

PaynTrain That's one helluva nice rig! Post yer address and we'll all come taste test yer first cook! I'll bring the brisket and the beer!

Comment

• PaynTrain
            PaynTrain commented
            Editing a comment
            Uh, you had me at brisket!

Nice piece of artillery you've got there ...

Comment

I soooooo wish you had a video getting that "palleted" due off that trailer!!

Comment

• PaynTrain
              PaynTrain commented
              Editing a comment
              My wife did take some video actually!!

Beautiful cooker. Congrats! Great story too.

Comment

Congratulations on that Beauty! I can't begin to imagine how I could have gotten it off the pallet, short of sawzalling pieces away, or burning it.

Can't wait to see the food pics, thanks for sharing the pic, and the unloading saga!

Comment

Congrats on the Durango PaynTrain

Comment

Congrats on the new toy - er - smoker. You could cook for the entire Pit on that thing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here