Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yoder Cheyenne. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoder Cheyenne. Thoughts?

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Yoder Cheyenne and what there thoughts are. Some one is selling a used 2018 for 800. Does this seem high for a used offset with 1/4 steel? Thanks

Depends how rusted out it is.

Comment

My first thought is... new ones are $1200 base. So the question I've got is 1) what accessories/options does this have and 2) what conditions is the used one in?

Comment

I’ll post the link for the smoker I am looking at. To me it looks in decent shape from the pictures. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...tory_type=post

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything looks better in pictures. There's no substitute for personal inspection.

Looks good with or without the ribs.

Comment

Looks like it is in pretty good shape if it isn't too far from you but the date looks like 06-08-16 to me not 18.

Comment

Yoder makes a Top Notch Quality Smoker, as many here can attest to...

I know Huskee has a Loaded Wichita, fer instance...

Please, keep in mind that this is a rather smallish offset (20" X 36")...hate to see anyone sink this kinda money into a cooker, only to realize they've already outgrowed it, first cook...

Same cookin area as an OKJ Longhorn...much heavier built, but 3+ X th Price...

If it were in my neck of th woods, I'd go git it, fer $500, mebbe $600, an sell off my OKJ...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 13, 2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input I really appreciate it. Mr.Bones that’s a good point about size of this unit I’d hate to out grow my cooker as well. I’m looking for my first offset so knowing pricing on these units is new to me. I will continue to keep my eyes open for the right unit and keep everyone posted when I find something. If anyone has suggestions and tips on what to look for I’m all ears.

Comment

I am a fan of Yoder products. I have a Yoder pellet grill.

Their fabrication quality is quite good. That said and as already pointed out, the 20" diameter grill is a bit small from a cross section viewpoint. ~700 square inches is not that large for an offset. If you take a look at LSG's offerings, they dropped their 20" round pit and replaced it with a hexagonal style cross section to get more cross sectional area and therefore volume.

Yoder is not a newbie on the block and makes good stuff. If you buy it, make sure you don't put too much money in it in case you decide to sell it later. I agree with Mr. Bones valuation thoughts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here