Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Good One Open range or Meadow Creek pr36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justmattb
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah - after seeing @kpnoone's image above of the PR36, I don't think I'd ever need anything larger than that. The price difference between the PR36 and the PR42 sure makes you think twice about it, but I'm kinda leaning towards the Good One Open Range at the moment for it's grilling/smoking surfaces, which seem like it would definitely support grilling up some apps while the smoker is rolling along.

• Skutrbum
    replied
    I was looking at both of these, and ended up with neither. After looking hard at the PR36, I ended up with the PR42. The extra capacity is what sold me. Room for a larger pig, and more than enough room to do a lot of butts and briskets. I’m still learning the the PR42, but am very happy with it. I also spent an afternoon with the dealer the day I bought it, and received a lot of info and tips, which really sold me. HTH!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome! Wish I could help you but alas I have no experience with either. Hopefully Sully will be around soon to answer your question.

• justmattb
    replied
    Originally posted by SullysSassySauce View Post
    Hi everyone wondering if anyone has any experience on these rigs. I'm thinking about pulling the pin and buying one of these smokers but can decide between the two. Pros and cons would be great. Thanks
    Sully
    Did you ever pick between the two? I'm going back and forth as well. I like the idea of the Good One Open Range, where you can actually throw something on the front grill area while you're smoking. With that said, the grill space is smaller than the PR36. Both seem like good options and well built.

Leave a comment:

• Skutrbum
    commented on 's reply
    Have you cooked a pig on the PR36? I’m in the same boat as the OP, consolidating a GMG Jim Bowie and 26” kettle down to one unit. Can’t decide between the PR36 or PR42, and want space to do a pig.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    thedonald78 An, yup, in answer to yer second query, I'd like to have th same same qualities, with more Real Estate...reckon then I could 'WOW' more people with th Great Food that comes so easily offa this cooker!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    thedonald78 I have been successfully able to keep 250°, 275° fer hours, in direct Kansas Territory Summertime sunshine (I won it in August)We had over 100 days of over 100° temps here, last Summer...

I don't cook so low as 225°, but have no doubt one could do so...

Still amazed at how very long this cooker can hold a steady temp, makes life purty smooth...

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Bonsey, those ribs look so good that I had to clean the little bit of drool that escaped from my keyboard. Dang!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I like that beast. Then again, I like all of these cookers and I think I need one of every model.

• smokin fool
    replied
    Holey jumpin….you cooking for an army there.
    Looks good none the less.
    Must be quite the unit, those look like pneumatic tires, most units have cheapo plastic tires unless those an owner installed upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• kpnoone
    replied
    Concerning the Meadow Creek PR 36: I own two of them as I cook for large groups. I find it to be a quality unit. My previous experience base is Weber 26", 22", 18' grills, original PK grill, Weber Smokey Mtn. smoker, and a number of off set smokers. The PR 36 is versatile. Be sure to order the pull out drawer. This makes loading charcoal much easier and ash clean up less of a chore. One word of caution is to keep it covered if it is stored outside as it will rust. The temperature gage is reasonably accurate (tested vs maverick digital), The cooking surface area (stainless) is large enough for effective indirect grilling. Buy the second rack for additional space as it comes in handy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_91555.jpg
Views:	1190
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	694427

Leave a comment:

• thedonald78
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones - Oh and do you wish it was bigger? I'm thinking about the Heritage Oven . . .
    Last edited by thedonald78; June 13, 2019, 01:04 PM.

• thedonald78
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones - are you able to keep the "dome" down at 225 on a hot summer day with less charcoal? Have you experimented with a snake pattern or anything similar in the fire box for lower temps/longer cooks? Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by thedonald78; June 13, 2019, 01:04 PM.

• thedonald78
    replied
    Originally posted by Butchman View Post
    You may want to consider the M1 cooker as well. Are there cost constraints to consider?
    I'd like to stay in the $1500 or under range, but up to $2000 isn't out of the question if it feels right. I have looked briefly at the M1. Looks nice and certainly innovative.

Leave a comment:

• RickyBobby
    commented on 's reply
    I dunno about all that, brother! Those ribs look amazing to me! Figure I could learn a thing or 7 from ya!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here