Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on "The Good-One"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on "The Good-One"

Yesterday we went to celebrate Mother's Day at my brother in law's home. Come to find out he purchased the Good-One a couple of weeks ago. He said it performs as advertised. Temperature control was perfect​. He said it was very efficient on coals and the pork butt had just the right amount of smoke. I got to check it out and it is a well built smoker.
    A whole lot of questions got answered. He loves it.

Well that worked out pretty well.

Comment

You gonna pull the trigger?

Comment

Yeah, which "one" are you looking at? I have a buddy that has the Marshall and it is quite the smoking machine.

Comment

I love seeing MCS work its magic spell. The Good-one appears to be a great cooker.

Comment

Enjoy making this decision!

Comment

I am still deciding on which one to purchase. I like the Open Range but for competition it is a little small, even though I now go with my PBC and 22" kettle. The Heritage is really nice. I went to Academy today to look at the Over an Under. The quality is rougher but it seems like everything seals. Still pondering.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              If you like the Over and Under design, and it is an excellent concept, look around until you find the one you can live with and/or mod to your satisfaction. I love cooking on my Overall and Under.

I had the Good One Marshall for awhile... it's well built and once you lock in the tempature it is autopilot to a degree. My only issue was really efficiency with the weather was cool because it would burn through charcoal like no tomorrow and it wasn't a smoker I trust to do an overnight smoke and get some rest. I sold mines last year and just order an Stump's Smoker in April.

if you do decide to get one try to get a Marshall... you will love the capacity and the temperature differential between the racks can work in your favor.

Cameron

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Cameron, buddy, it's been a while! Glad to see you back!

• cdnichol
              cdnichol commented
              Editing a comment
              I know! I'm back and not planning on disappearing for like two years again lol!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here