Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Offset maker in PNW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality Offset maker in PNW?

Hi All!
    I'm looking to see if anyone has any recommendations on a quality offset smoker made in the PNW? I've heard good things about Old Country Smokers, but they are in TX and shipping from there to Washington state pretty much doubles the price they have advertised at Academy. So I'm just kind of wondering if ya'll knew of a good quality offset smoker that I can buy around this part of the country? Not looking for something like an Oklahoma Joe, as I hear their quality went down hill a bit.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.cascadesmokers.com maybe? No experience with them but they look nice.

Comment

• jitsntricks
      jitsntricks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip. Not really looking for cabinet style smoker, as well as those are out of my price range. I can get an Old Country shipped here for half the price of one of these. They do look nice though.

I have no experience with them either. I did purchase an insulated cabinet smoker from LSG in Texas. The shipping to California (near SF bay area) was $590. So I understand your concern.

These are not offset smokers but I was looking at offsets at the time I purchased it. I decided to go with the cabinet due to ease of use and supply/cost of wood. I do not regret my purchase at all. The taste, I think, comes very close to that of an offset. I have nothing against offsets, just for me the cabinet made more sense. With a fan and controller it is very easy to use with little attention.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I just got my shipping notification from LSG about 10 minutes ago.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      This the longest part!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here