Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three li'l smokers went to the market...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three li'l smokers went to the market...

Hi y'all,

finished yet another three smokers. Fired them up today for the burn-in. I rub them down with oil, then let them burn for an hour or two to get that hardened surface. Here are three smokers, two normal and one reverse. What do you all think? I'm proud to put my name on them, rock solid smokers.

The lineup

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8617.JPG Views:	0 Size:	584.6 KB ID:	978830

Normal. offset smoker

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8618.JPG Views:	0 Size:	600.9 KB ID:	978827

Closeup of smoke stack with handle

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8619.JPG Views:	0 Size:	516.8 KB ID:	978832

The Reverse Flow smoker

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8620.JPG Views:	0 Size:	395.4 KB ID:	978828

Reverse flow - inside look

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8621.JPG Views:	0 Size:	460.1 KB ID:	978829

Normal flow - inside look

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8622.JPG Views:	0 Size:	552.7 KB ID:	978825

Got them all fired up - huffin' and puffin'

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8633.JPG Views:	0 Size:	546.0 KB ID:	978831

Firebox

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8637.JPG Views:	0 Size:	287.5 KB ID:	978824

My custom thermometer

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8638.JPG Views:	0 Size:	382.5 KB ID:	978826

Normal flow smoker closeup

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8639.JPG Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	978823

Two of them are sold, going up north in Sweden. Might just keep the third one, haven't decided yet. Gonna smoke some Iberico ribs on it anyway.

I think it's fair to say that I can call myself a pit master these days. I've come a long way on the bbq journey, and my passion for good food has not diminished. And thanks to the Pit I've learned a ton, and gotten to know a bunch of great people. Yes, that is you guys and gals. Have an awesome weekend!

Way too cool Henrik ! Those look great. Are you finding it profitable or more of a break even materials/time hobby than potential business, if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yes, it is a business, and it is profitable. Just gotta improve the margins a bit. Focusing on building the brand.

Awesome looking pits!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

You certainly are developing your passion and craft,,,,
    Outstanding products

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, after a few iterations I’m quite happy with them.

Those are beautiful. Great work, our pleasure to know you.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Great work as usual Henrik.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ron!

I always like seeing what you are up to Henrik!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      🔥👊

Great looking Cookers Henrik ! It's always fun to work with your hands (and head) and have a quality finished product. A job well done! You are a top notch Pitmaster.
    Last edited by Skip; January 23, 2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Skip! Working with my hands is always good fun, constructing things.

Awesome builds Henrik! If I lived over there, I'd be saving my cash up to get one of your smokers for sure!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the support Jim!

Beautiful pits Hank. I am betting lots of folks are hoping to get one of these beautiful pits.

Have you seen a big price jump in steel in Europe as well? Evidently it has gone up big time in last few weeks here in the US.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Yes unfortunately:-(

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Alphonse I can attest to the increase here on the west coast. We just got hit with a price escalator on rebar and apparently it's going to become very scarce middle of next month.

Looking good! Congrats!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Looking great Henrik. Your skillz are getting quite good. Way to go my friend.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you 🙏

Those pits are works of art.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      🙏🔥

Man this is excellent work.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David!

They look a little offset to me.
    Job well done.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew someone would see the flaw. Back to the drawing board:-)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here