Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pit design. End loader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pit design. End loader

Finally getting to test out the new design. Let me know what y'all think of it.

Cooking a 7 kilo brisket I have been wet aging for 3 weeks. Also a roast beef and full rack of ribs going on soon. Using Mesquite and que bracho blanco. Beautiful day here 28 c . @maxgood. Meathead
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahumadora; November 7, 2020, 11:26 AM.

Wow. That is beautiful.

Comment

"Load #1 torpedo tube!"

Comment

I like it. Gives you real good access to everything on the grill grates.

Comment

That is a great looking smoker. However I see you have another one of those bad thermometers that doesn’t return to zero after the cook.🙂

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahahahaha Yeah - when are you going to fix those thermos?

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha ha ha! Yes, that Smoke Kit fella better buy some better thermometers, not that cheap Made in Taiwan stuff! Lol!

It is an interesting design. I like some of it, and could see some disadvantage to it. With the fire box directly below, do you have any hot spots? I am guessing because it is reverse flow, it doesn't. I like the fact that it is compact. I am looking forward to your updates.

Comment

I don't have covid ,just a bad case of MMIB (more meat is better) syndrome. So done a quick run to the butchers to load it up with spatchcock chicken, beef flank, full rack o pork ribs, brisket and 2 roast beefs. I was going to throw on 8 chorizos but got the look of disgust from my wife.
            Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              I know that look of disgust, all too well. I would love the chorizo - she would give me the same look. You could hide it by putting it under the chicken!

[video=youtube_share;m3Li5ECmRG4]https://youtu.be/m3Li5ECmRG4[/video

This forum really needs an app that does scratch n sniff. Smell is incredible. mesquite vs meat !!
            That chicken cooked fast.... less than 2 beers..
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ahumadora; November 7, 2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that your daughter? She and my niece could be twins...no kidding. That is a great photo. Thanks for sharing.

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              tbob4. yep. My eldest girl Sofia. 9 in December.

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              A chicken in two beers time? You need to throw another brisket on there, to allow time for more 'inspiration'.

Ingenious design and so simple.
            Makes one wonder why it hasn’t been done commercially yet
            The big winner the family dog who gets to lick the meat juice that drops on the walkway

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              We have cat for that...

Interesting cooker design. Beautiful food. As to the scratch n sniff, that would be great but I would rather have a fork n eat.

Comment

Wow! Great job.

Comment

I love that you can access the met from both sides.
                vert cool.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Works great for left hand briskets. ( the tender ones)

results look real good.

Comment

Looks like a beautiful place to live.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here