Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Country Wrangler 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    Pics would definitely help. Specifically, the bottom of the cooking chamber. Just a WAG based on experience with this brand, but I suspect there is a long baffle that is working too well and making the stack end of the smoker run hotter. In that case, you might be able to fix it by drilling a few holes in it. I don't think removing the grate from the firebox will help, and will make it harder to tend the fire.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    replied
    Some detailed pics of the smoker would help.

Leave a comment:

• Gold98TA
    started a topic Old Country Wrangler 1

Old Country Wrangler 1

I have searched and searched google but can’t find a solid answer. I’ve sealed my original wrangler (3/16”) with a gasket sealer and it no longer has visible leaks. I saw the biscuit test and just finally decided to check the temps across the grate with 3 probes. It’s seemingly unusual as my smoker is a solid 50-100 degrees hotter on the stack side than on the firebox side (firebox side ends up being about a 10 degree difference). This seems to be quite an anomaly with offset smokers and I can’t seem to find a solid answer as to how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. I saw one post to put a water pan on that stack end, it seemed to work for a bit but eventually it ended up in the same grossly uneven temps as before. Thanks in advance for any assistance. It seems to be an unusual situation so it’s hard to diagnose/resolve. Pic attached is left to right at grate level (starting away from the firebox and moving towards it) . Regardless of switching probes, it ends up the same. Next plan is to drop the grate entirely from the firebox and let the fire go at the bottom of the box.
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here