Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixon H2O Cookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixon H2O Cookers

Wondering if anyone else out there is using the Myron Mixon H2O cookers. I just bought an MMS-48 and love it. Would like to compare notes with others who are using with those cookers.

PaulstheRibList Has at least one, I think the 72.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      We have two!!!

I'm not familiar with it, but would love to know how you like it, and how your cooks come out.

Comment

Solid construction and design.

Comment

I looked at these when I started looking for a cabinet smoker. Didn't like gravity feed at the time and didn't want to be stuck using water every time. Ended up with a LSG unit.
        Interested in your experience of the cooker.

Comment

I've done brisket, ribs, and pork shoulder so far. I love the design of the smoker. Hooking up the hose as a constant source of water for the huge water pan is a bonus. You never have to worry about the water evaporating and running out during the cook.

Maintaining temperatures is pretty simple and the water in the cook chamber keeps everything humid. I especially like the ease of cleanup after...drain the water pan and hose it out until all of the grease is flushed out.

I've been impressed with the finished product coming off of the rack. I've been cooking on an ugly drum smoker for years and finally upgraded. I was able to produce really great results on that as well, but this is a different animal. Burning logs feeds my inner caveman while I'm sitting around waiting for the meat to finish as an added bonus.

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool!! That’s a nice smoker!! Keep on smokin!

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Not having to fill it for long cooks wold be a bonus.

Im thinking about picking up a 36” used… wondering how often you need to pop more sticks in the firebox. Let me know how your feeding routine lo9s for the smoker. Thanks

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't help, but welcome to The Pit.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here