Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old skool fire box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old skool fire box

Had my eye on these tanks for a long time and finally snagged them by providing a handsome bribe. (A prototype pit I had in the shop). Could only fit 3 of the 4 I purchased on the trailer. They weigh about a ton each ,are 1/2" wall, 30" diameter and probably older than most of y'all on this forum. Have not got anything planned for them yet but will be some big comercial pit. Had to chain them to a big tree and drag them off the trailer 1 by 1.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahumadora; May 11, 2020, 07:12 PM.

Enormous!!!!

Comment

1/2" thick!? The doors are gonna take some big arms to open or sizeable counter weights. Phew!

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the firebox for the pits. Cook chamber will probably be 1/4"

Wow. Big logs like that are getting rarer by the day. What a score! Woodworking is my other hobby and finding wide boards from big logs like this is getting tougher and more expensive every day. Again, what a score!!! Smoke on!

Comment

You are gonna use sections?

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep.. Half one will work for a 1000 gallon pit

Great score, the metal alone is worth $$$$. Years ago, and I mean years ago, while working in the Houston refineries, we scored about a 5' section of 30" pipe. It was thick walled as well. Only time I ever fabricated a pit was out of that section of pipe. A buddy of mine and I mounted it on his trailer and we cooked comp using it. Held heat for days. Haven't seen that pit or that guy in decades, but I bet it's still cooking for someone somewhere.

Again, that's a really good score, I'm sure you'll make good use of it !!

Comment

Oh yea, and learn how to spell you nit-wit. It's "schkoool"

Comment

Keep finding things like this and you are going to need a larger trailer.

Comment

Too kool for skool

Comment

Good gawd

Comment

Great score. 👊👊
                  Now if those are gonna be the fire boxs how big are those dang pits gonna be??

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Everything in Argentina is bigger than in Texas!

• texastweeter
                    texastweeter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahem...

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............thems hangin words !!!!

Old Skool ingenuity as well: big tree, chain, hit the gas!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya almost fergot th first step; hold my beer, an watch THIS lol!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 13, 2020, 05:21 AM.

They’d make nice cannon too, mebbe. 👍👍

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hell! Submarines!

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've seen pictures of drug runner submarines that weren't near that nice

Geez I justvrealized the pics are of old tanks. I thought they were big logs! DUH. I am pretty embarrassed. 🙄

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And I thought my eye sight was bad!!!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was gonna razz ya to go find yer cheaters, when I seened yer post, but ultimately decided to jus let th merry go round slow down enough where ya could grab hold, hop on

Inclusion!

Laughin with ya, Brother, not at ya...
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 12, 2020, 10:18 PM.

Heres some 2000 gallon tanks. I may weld one together then get it sent to Max Good for review. Sure he will appreciate a huge rusting hulk of a pit leeching rust all over his driveway. Tell him I won't move it until it has platinum medal. . Actually I cut the ends off the tanks, sell them for fire pits then plasma cut the tanks into big sections and roll them flat. 5/16" steel plate. Then re use the steel plate for cutting parts for the smokers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here