Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four stick burners enter. One leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for coming back and doing an update. So many times that doesn't happen and I wonder... what DID that person decide...?

• Coconut Monkey
    replied
    Just an update. I ended up going with a totally different option. The KBQ C-60 gave me the portability I wanted with a much lower price-point, AND it was a AmazingRibs plat medal winner.

My first cook on it was incredible. I detail that here, with some pics: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ll-call/page13

It's light enough to put in the back of a truck or SUV. One day I may still go with a trailer, if I seriously get into competition or catering. We will see how the C-60 performs in comps! Thanks guys for all the help.

John R.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    👍 Just take into consideration shipping costs. Not sure where you live.
    Shipping the LSG from Texas to NY Was some $650 or so.

• Coconut Monkey
    commented on 's reply
    Yes! I checked out LSG and they are fine cookers. My thought is they are similar enough to the other options where I will likely go with those. But it really is nice.

• PBCDad
    replied
    I missed this post the first time around. I also have a Jambo backyard, and it is so much fun to cook on. I get even temps except right next to the fire and right next to the exhaust. There's nothing like cooking with all wood, it's the flavor that charcoal with chunks hints at. The J3's are expensive and partly about looks in my opinion, but man oh man is Jambo a nice cooker.

I did upgrade to bar grates that I made myself, so much easier to clean than the expanded metal grates that come stock. Other than that and a little rust that I've let develop, I have absolutely no complaints. Well, maybe that I don't get to cook on it as much as I would like...

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmm. Curious about what you found out about and thoughts on the LSG rigs??

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Just saw this Mr. Bones LMFAO. Luv ya too my friend.
    Stay safe as this world is about to turn upside down. 😬❤️

• Coconut Monkey
    replied
    Hi everyone. I'm sorry for the late update. Here is how my evaluation process is going:

Jambo: not much to say here. it is what it is. tons of information on the forums about them and how they work.
    Shirley: they haven't returned my calls. I'm thinking it's because they have a gigantic backlog. This may be a non-starter
    Meadow Creek: I have a friend close by who owns a similar model, and is going to bring his trailer over and have a cookout. I'll have real hands-on experience with this one!
    Meat Monster: Man this thing is so tempting. But not a ton of information out there on it. I really want to see one before I buy. If you contact them, they will send you excel sheets with detailed pricing.

John

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Aahh. Ohio is a bit far. But if you wanna make a trip you are more than welcome.
    Yeah. From what I see they’re based out of PA.

• Razor
    commented on 's reply
    Fight! Fight! Fight! 😂

I’m here looking to learn. Love sitting in on purchasing decisions.

• Coconut Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve B View Post
    Coconut Monkey I love that name😂BTW. Where do you live?
    You mentioned you’re near Meadow Creek’s facility.
    I’m in NY. Probably about 3-4hrs from them. If you want to see my LSG. I would be happy to show it to you.
    Thanks so much for the offer Steve! I'll probably take you up on that at some point...

I live in northeast Ohio. It is my understanding they have a dealer in PA.

Coconut Monkey is a old PC Gamer mascot. Just keeping him alive haha

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Coconut Monkey I love that name😂BTW. Where do you live?
    You mentioned you’re near Meadow Creek’s facility.
    I’m in NY. Probably about 3-4hrs from them. If you want to see my LSG. I would be happy to show it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Any time my friend. If you have any questions about them please let me know. Or better yet. Call Chris directly. Their # is on the website I posted.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Wasn't, Previous; jus sayin 'Good Mornin' to ya, My Brother...

But NOW??? Since ya done stirred it all up???

Awww, Son ; It's ON Like Donkey Kong, Now!!!! LOL

Love ya Brother!

Be safe an well!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 10, 2020, 09:27 PM.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    You mocking me Mr. Bones 😂😂😂

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here