Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahumador virus infects Mexico city.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahumador virus infects Mexico city.

I think I must infected them when I was there the other day.

1600 liters (350 gallons) of smokin love.
    Reverse flow this pit is 41 inches in diameter and can fit 2 whole hogs.
    Will look better once we get it cleaned up and painted.
    Attached Files

Ahumadorus 20 as it might be known!
    👍👍👍🕶

Comment

Nice. Very nice. ps. You need a taller model😊
      I have seen the smaller units you manufacture with the firebox on the underside of CC is this a new design change on the bigger units you manufacture or just because it's not trailer mounted?
      Is the FB outlet on the opposite side of the door opening?

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is a standard reverse flow design but I have moved the firebox underneath for the sake of space in restaurants etc. Works much better as 1./ The air has less distance to travel resulting in less friction (more flow). 2./ All the heat emitted at the top of the firebox is not waisted. ( I also add insulation to the inside of the firebox). I will make the reverse plate removable for deep cleanings.

I think the reverse mounted firebox (with reverse flow) works very well with a 'shorter' smoker, like this.

But like holehogg says, you're gonna need a taller model, that ain't never gonna work in Scandinavia

Cool to see, I'll take Ahum-20 over Covid-19 any day

Comment

Well, I guess its only fair. Mexico infected me with something a couple of times.

Comment

Looks a bit better now it has a coat of paint on. Had to take pics with the shop door shut as in full quarantine outside. Trying to keep the guys employed and their families fed there at the moment.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a video to get an idea of the size

Attached Files

Comment

That's a virus I'd actually like to catch...

Comment

Outstanding work! So glad the crew could stay on payroll.

Are you going to sell this or do catering/restaurant cooks with it?

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sell it. Only time I cook for other people is BBQ classes or big events.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here