Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

temperature control issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

temperature control issues

Hi all,

Wondering someone might be abke to throw in some insight.

So i have built a range od smokers as some of you may knoW. Im having some temperature issues which i am sure are down to inexperiance.

So heres the issue. If i use bigger logs. I get some great heat. Well to much really. So i close up the firbox inlet letting in only about half the amount of air. It does well like that but them the coals go down so much its like barely having a fire at all but them they seem to Fall through the fire rack its like a very small amounr amount of coals to maintain a 225 degree heat.

I then started using really small chunks This method worked great but had to put small chunks on like every 20 min. It was a ting fire that gave me the best heat.

I have now tried bigger pieces again so i dont have to be there every minute but the temp os way to high and now have to wait till its died right down again.

I cant seem to keep a super consistent temp without monitoring it constatntly.

I use a rwverse flow 21 inch smoker. Any ideas.

Thanks sam

Rusyic soul.

I would try having a fire pit with coals burning that you can shovel in to your pit. This way you're not starting a big fire every time you put logs in. Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks mate. So i think i just may have it sussed. I have closed the air intake considerably and it has worked s treat i have managed to keep the coals glowing.but havr a consistent 230 degrees seems to be working well but i will keep ypu updated just thoight i would add this photo i have two tyoes of wings. Ill keep you posted.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here