Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workhorse Pits 1975

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workhorse Pits 1975

After much deliberation, tonight I pulled the trigger and ordered a 1975 from Workhorse Pits. All I really wanted was a basic stick burner of good quality, thick metal, draft at grate level, and no frills. For the price, you just can’t beat it! 2852.00 delivered to my door and it’s almost 3/8” thick! I really liked Mill Scale but it’s over 4K without shipping for a smaller pit. The only difference I can tell is that the Mill Scale is a bit more refined looking, but I’m betting they both cook the same. Franklin’s pit will be close to 4K for a smaller one as well and Moberg’s backyard will be slightly bigger than the 1975, but will be well over 4K when you factor in shipping. I should add that I’m not one to shop based on price, generally I’ll pay whatever to get what I want. That being said, it’s always nice to save a couple of grand. Looking forward to taking possession of my first stick burner!

Awesome! Congrats.

Comment

• NYC Que
      NYC Que commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Congrats!

Comment

• NYC Que
      NYC Que commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Sweet lookin' with or without the powder coat. I'd like to wrap that firebox in insulation and just use that door on the end.

Comment

Sweet! I’ve been eyeing that 1975 as well. Looking forward to your first cook and review!

Comment

Now that’s a solid pit, congrats! Looking forward to seeing your cooks on it.

Comment

Congrats! That looks like a real beast. Can't wait to see it in action.

Comment

I’m looking forward to your photos, as well. Good job.

Comment

Can't wait to see that thing chugging along! wooooo, wooooooooo!

Comment

Awesome looking pit!!

Comment

Had a few questions for Workhorse today. Wound up speaking with JD (the owner) for about 40 minutes. Real nice guy! My pit is shipping on 3/18.

Comment

• scottranda
                    scottranda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wooooooo!!!

Congrats. Those are some nice looking stick burners.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here