Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoker Mod (My First Welding Project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holehogg
    replied
    Thin wall tube can be a psin in the begining but that's how we all learn. You'll be a pro in no time. I see lots of new projects in your future.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    That was basically my thought. It's also why I didn't bother trying to fix the burn through holes. They won't affect the performance of the parts.

• Greygoose
    replied
    I think you might develop MWS ( multiple welder syndrome )
    Be careful !!!!!
    Last edited by Greygoose; November 15, 2019, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    As long as you got the job done...

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    If you can't break it by pulling and or pushing on it I call that a good weld.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    replied
    After 2 cooks, all black and covered with grease is anyone going to notice your welds?? Congrats. Job well done.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic Smoker Mod (My First Welding Project)

Smoker Mod (My First Welding Project)

I finished both rack supports for my removable double rack modification for my COS. My welds are sub par, some badly so, but my number of passably acceptable welds is increasing over time. I did burn thorough the upright square tubing twice, but nothing critical so I just left the holes. On the whole, In pretty pleased with it. I needed to get materials for the did racks - 3/4" angle iron and expanded metal. Maybe this weekend. I have wanted to put in a second rack of some kind practically since the day I bought the smoker, but didn't know how to accomplish it. Now I have.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191115_171320-2016x1512.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	769406

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here