Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat stickburner..new model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff! Keep the photos comin'.

Comment

Super Fun!

Comment

Didn't get time to snap pics today but made some progress. Guys welded on the door seals, filled the counter weights (25kilos of sand each). I fabbed the manifold to mount the 2 x 6" stacks and made the guides for the racks. It will have 8 racks total and have about 8m2 capacity. Pic is the grate to stop the wood falling into the cook chamber. 95% of this build is with recyled steel.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ahumadora; September 18, 2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Dropped of the hotplates at one of the workshops along with the counter weights. The young welder was mounting the guides inside the long 1000 gallon.
          Attached Files

Comment

I’d like to see what you could do with a de-commissioned submarine. Or, maybe that’s what you are working on already.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              He could start with the USS Drum in Mobile, AL. It's relatively small and would be a good starter project.

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              A cooker with an engine opens a whole lot of possibilities...

Slowly getting there.I have been busy on other work. Going to squirt some paint on it tonight. Much easier to paint it underneath now while we can still roll it over. Hotplate for the firebox is ready to be welded on. Tomorrow I will go to the other shop where the fat one is being built. Have a prototype of the new design small pit ready (on back of truck).
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking awesome so far. Seeing that guy inside the pit, welding, in an earlier pic that thing is gianormass.

Comment

OMG, you are one of the reasons I joined this site! Pit building and a pit master, maybe we could get meathead to charter a plane for all of us to spend time in both your cooking class and the fab shop!
                Looking forward to more progress pictures
                Dave

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Auuuh shucks. You are making me blush...

Progress on the fat log burner. Working on the deflector plate between firebox and cook chamber. The 25 kilo counter weights work perfect. Will be making smoke next week. Waiting on steel to make the firebox door surround.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Ahumadora
                  Ahumadora commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just sold it.. going to mount it on a single axle trailer with 15" wheels.

More pics
                Attached Files

Comment

And we have a trailer. Going to add a wood box on the front. Still waiting on steel for the firebox door surround. Will look better once we get some paint on it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Off the hook!

Comment

I like the simplicity of the trailer. I guess you don't have any requirements to have suspension and brakes on those trailers, right? Very nice to see the build progress, there's some fine welding. I'm gonna get started modifying my trailer this weekend.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                        Ahumadora commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It has 6 leaf springs rated for 1500 kilos on it. I could have put electric brakes on it but the client didn't want to spend the extra $500. He can do it later if he wants. It is alll flat around Buenos Aires and he has a Hilux to pull it. It will weigh about 1400 kilos when finished.

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice and easy. In Sweden I can't bring it out on the street without blinkers, brake lights, registration plate, et.c. Death by regulation.

• Ahumadora
                        Ahumadora commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We have that also here , but I make a removable rear bumper and run a cable directly to the truck. Takes 2 mins to install and connect.
                        Last edited by Ahumadora; October 3, 2019, 02:31 PM.

Nearly ready for paint. Made with 98% recyled steel. Owner can collect it this week. On the other long model we decided to make a trailer instead of just casters, so will be building that this week also.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• holehogg
                        holehogg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's a neat towing eye being able to adjust it the drawbar. We have drop plates on the towbar. What is the approx weight on towing eye?

• Ahumadora
                        Ahumadora commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Probably about 80-100kilos. Usually you want about 10% of the trailer weight on the hitch.

Man, these are so sweet. I wish the shop was closer so I could come and check it out!

Comment

• Nate
                        Nate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well I mean... South America Meat Up?

• Ahumadora
                        Ahumadora commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Come on down. Too cold where you live up there by the North Pole. We can hang out and boil up some hotdogs .....

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would love that. Nate Ahumadora

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here