Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat stickburner..new model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat stickburner..new model

Working on a new design to make a standard flow that incorporates the firebox on the same level as the pit. Is a 1000 gallon tank that is 1200mm diameter. Also working on building another 1000 gallon as I miss my big cookers. Had the guys cutting the end off the tanks. The ends we weld 3 legs on and sell as firepits. Will follow up as it progreses.
    Attached Files

Looking forward to your build as usual.

Comment

Someday one of these cookers are going to have to find a way to Minnesota..can't wait to watch the magic!!
      Last edited by Backroadmeats; September 12, 2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I'm already enjoyin' this, and lookin' forward to more.

Comment

Nothing like the smell of burning metal in the morning!

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            The big building is where they test the tanks and I buy some of the ones that fail. Yes I mostly just build pits and teach the bbq classes.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            How sweet is that!

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            And now I am more jealous!!!

I'm in for the ride. Looking forward to the progress.

Comment

I'm following this!

Comment

Holy Hannah!!! What are you planning on smoking in that thing? A few steers? Ha! I will watch this one as you have piqued my curiosity. Have fun!

Comment

Those ends will make massive fire pits...nice !!! Look forward to your new 1000 gallon wonder !!

Comment

Guys have been on the 9" grinder cuttin away. On the horizontal part I will weld a big hotplate and the firebox will be underneath. Firebox door will be in the end of it. Chimney is 10" that I will use on the long 1000 gallon tank.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ahumadora; September 14, 2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• holehogg
                    holehogg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The section shown is the place where firebox will be?

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep The photo right above is the firebox. https://youtu.be/svqXt6SnV1o

• holehogg
                    holehogg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The video makes me miss being in manufacturing but that grinder noise can get on one's nerves. Always had the greatest respect (not fear) for the 230mm grinder and it deserves it.

Stick burner???? That’s a redwood burner! Dang that thing is gonna be huge! AND AWESOME!

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, well I if you are going to take the time to do something you may as well do it right and go big!

Long day on the 9" grinder cutting out doors and the steel for the hotplate. I will take it to the sheetmetal benders to break it. Sold all the tank ends for someone to make fire pits.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yup, it’s fat!

Comment

Ho-chee mama! Me lik-ee.....FOLLOWING

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here