Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work horse pits new stick burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• king kielbasa
    replied
    jfmorris Yeah i know way to big of a pit for me but those Mobergs are so dam awesome!!! I think Sunny Moberg is going to start making backyard pits again he is building a whole new building . Also check out the videos i posted some great info from Jimmy daniels.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    You don't need a 250 gallon propane tank sized smoker unless you routinely feed several hundred folks at a time! The downside on a pit that size (8 feet long!) for backyard use feeding just your family is the amount of wood it will take to heat it up and keep it going. For most backyards, I think a 36 to 48 inch model would suffice.

• jfmorris
    replied
    I think Ahumadora has a keen eye - I don't think I would buy anything from a company that doesn't list their location or phone number on their website. They have a FAQ section with 3 question, for which it asks ME to give the answers? Suspicious to say the least.

There are too many KNOWN good offset makers. My short list would include Lang, Yoder, and numerous other known offset makers that have been mentioned here in the Pit.

Leave a comment:

• king kielbasa
    replied
    Work horse pits just launched there offsets yesterday and also there website that why there is probably no contact info. But Jimmy daniels sister company is primitive pits and both are top quality pits. I will list Primitive pits contact info below and you can reach work horse from there. They are next door to each other. Also will leave some videos below how Jimmy daniels modified the Yoder Wichita. I am still thinking about getting a Moberg 250 gallon but the wait time is so long and was thinking do i need that big of a pit for the backyard. Wish he still made backyard models. I love Lone star grills also dont get me wrong they make some great quality pits. But i think the Work horse pit will have better air flow and draft i mean just look at that stack and he used computational fluid dynamics to ensure this unit burns extremely even without any tuning plates. Here are some cool videos below and primitive pits contact and work horse.

We handcraft high performance, commercial offset barbecue smokers and live fire cooking tools used by some of the best in the business. Because it's great BBQ we're after.

contact for work horse pits or you can call primitive on the phone- [email protected]

Here are some videos

Work horse pits with jimmy daniels

Quetorials with jimmy daniels

Jimmy Daniels Modifying the Yoder Wichita

Jimmy daniels talking about building your own smoker and feldons law
    Last edited by king kielbasa; August 15, 2019, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JakeT
    replied
    Those look suspiciously like Franklin BBQ Pits

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    Says its a sister company of Primitive Pits, which does list its phone number on its Facebook page -- but yeah, it's odd not to list it.

• Beefchop
    replied
    If you are going to spend your money, I say spend it on someone who has built a reputation for building top quality pits. You may pay more, but at least you know you're getting a good product that works and is built to last.

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. So the steel thickness in offsets thing is a myth? Even the firebox?

• Steve B
    replied
    Just looking at the Wokhorse it appears that the workmanship is far inferior to the LSG. I’m not a welder and think I could weld as good.
    Yes I am partial to the LSG being I own one.
    But just look at the pics of the two and it should be a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• Ground Chuck
    replied
    Not familiar with Workhorse, but have heard nothing but great about LSG. Ahumadora makes interesting point about the missing name/number on the web site. Seems very rare when compared to other big names in the custom pit world (just based off my research; Klose, Gator, LSG, Jambo, etc.). I was able to speak with all of those owners.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    replied
    Nice looking pit but do you really need 3/8"? Also do you want to deal with someone who does not put their name or phone number on the website?

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Nice looking smokers. I crunch numbers with what I get with respect to cooking area when everything else seems equal. 3/16", 1/4", 3/8" all the same to me. The heat is getting sucked through. A Pit maker tested it up to 3/8" thick to show how you really need insulation to make an appreciable difference.

Leave a comment:

• king kielbasa
    started a topic Work horse pits new stick burner

Work horse pits new stick burner

Hey everyone Work horse pits just released there offset cookers and I am thinking about getting one one . Just wanted to know what you guys think . I will post a link to there website. Going to either get one of these or a Lone star grills don’t know what to get. Tell me what you guys think. 3/8 thick steel is standard on the workhorse pits .

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here