Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm fallin' for Shirley...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm fallin' for Shirley...

Shirley

"We ain’t throwing no crap in there", them’s some heavy duty fire basket & heavy duty ash can. That and the eyebrow action when referin to the "others" 36’s ‘n 42’s. That’s one fine sales presentation. AND that looks like one hail of a cooker. Sold. Just don’t call me Shirley.
    Very, very cool!

Comment

• Dan Deter
      Dan Deter commented
      Editing a comment
      "2 or 3 coats of paint" LOL. Nice lookin' tho'.

That guy talks like every Bammer running around these parts. Geez man, he perpetuates all the stereotypes associated with the South. I can’t help but think of this oldie but goodie.....

Damn fine cooker though....Shirley sure is purty

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you rather listen to a women with vocal fry that talks like a Valley Girl or one with a soft, Southern drawl? Personally,

I can see why! I don't get on here as much as I use to but did DWCowles ever get his Shirley?

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      No I did not. They said it was going to be another 12 months so I canceled the order.

Thats no Sh*t Shirley.

Comment

RonB what is funny is, I was flipping through my YouTube feeds last night and the video you have linked popped up. This might have to go on my long list of wants after the patio gets an overhaul.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        That's how I found it....

Thanks for the fun link! Reminds me of just getting out of basic training and I took a fellow recruit home with me since he had no place to go. He was from somewhere around NYC. After the visit he told me how much he liked my family but that he hadn’t understood a thing they said for the entire week. He just nodded a lot whenever anyone talked to him

Comment

That new prototype looks cool!

I have the 24"x42" Cabinet Patio Model from Shirley if anyone has questions. I added the baffle that allows you to draft both directly into the warming cabinet from the firebox and through the warming cabinet via the cooking chamber. Sausage hangers in the warming cabinet with optional probe ports for thermometer wires. It's a beast, and cooks like a dream. Lots of space and the warming cabinet is a game changer. So versatile.

Paul and Tyler are wonderful people. I think there's a year wait list at this point, and they don't really offer shipping but if you can work around those parameters then I'd highly recommend them.

Awesome value for money in the custom cooker world.

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Beefchop Does the round end opposite of the firebox serve any purpose other than adding length and weight? I couldn't tell from the video or the pictures.

• Beefchop
          Beefchop commented
          Editing a comment
          Craigar That's something you should know - it's reverse flow so that is dead space that allows the air to circulate. There's a solid metal baffle welded under the grates and hot air travels under, to the end, up, and back through the cook chamber towards the firebox. On the 24"x42" model, you get about 21"x32" of cooking space on each grate. There are two grates on the 24x42 model.

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Beefchop Ok, that makes sense now. I couldn't get my head around it. Especially in the video when he was showing the probe port location. Thank you for the description!

I wont buy a thing from Shirley Manufacturing. Not the way i was treated and when i told him i was terminal he started making fun of my illness. I told him i was screen shoting all his comments to be able to show people how he really was. He went through and deleted all his comments before i could do it. I should have screenshot them before i told him.

Comment

• GroceryBoy
          GroceryBoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Dcrumrine, I am sorry to hear of your situation. God be with you through your fight! Great customer service is what this community has come to expect. When I read things like this I don’t understand?

• Beefchop
          Beefchop commented
          Editing a comment
          Was it Paul, or Tyler? That really surprises me.

• dcrumrine
          dcrumrine commented
          Editing a comment
          Beefchop It was Paul

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here